2020-2021 Application cycle!

1 hour ago, jhalt said:

Hey everyone. I submitted my CASPA on 6/8 and it was verified on 6/12. I submitted my supplemental well before my CASPA. On 8/10, UF sent me an email saying I passed the second level of evaluation. I got offered an interview via phone call on 9/21. My interview days were 9/28 and 9/30. Still waiting to hear back but I'm hopeful! Hopefully this helps someone out! Anyone from that interview day hear anything back yet?

Overall GPA: 3.51

Science GPA: 3.39

GRE: 155 Q, 154 V, 4.0 writing

patient care hours: 8000+

I’m in the same boat. I interviewed on 09/28-09/29, and I’m trying to stay hopeful. I think I remember Ms. Patton saying most people will hear back in December, some will hear back in mid October, and very few may hear back within a couple of days after the interview (those are early decision). 

14 hours ago, singerdancer said:

Hey everyone! Has anyone submitted in June/early july not heard any news yet, not even a second level eval? Trying to stay hopeful 😉 I know Florida holds a lot of interviews but starting to get discouraged! 

Same here! Some sort of update would be nice. Have you emailed them? 

10 hours ago, parkerjenna54 said:

Hi everyone, I interviewed on 9/28- 9/30 and received an acceptance call on 10/5. I will definitely be attending and plan on sending in my seat deposit this week! Let me know if anyone has any questions. 

Congrats! I interviewed those same days and was accepted as well! I'm excited! I am hoping they start a Facebook group for students. I have not heart about one yet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, parkerjenna54 said:

Hi everyone, I interviewed on 9/28- 9/30 and received an acceptance call on 10/5. I will definitely be attending and plan on sending in my seat deposit this week! Let me know if anyone has any questions. 

Congratulations! Interviewed on Oct. 12th and 13th and I'm so nervous/excited to hear back. This program is one of a kind! Trying to stay sane! haha

1 hour ago, meredithw said:

Congrats! I interviewed those same days and was accepted as well! I'm excited! I am hoping they start a Facebook group for students. I have not heart about one yet.

12 hours ago, parkerjenna54 said:

Congratulations to the both of you! Do any of you mind sharing your stats?

22 hours ago, jennsPA said:

Yeah no problem!

GPA: 3.91

sGPA: 3.85

GRE: 310 and 5.0 in writing

PCE: 4,000+ as an MA at a cardiology office

Volunteering: 147 hours

Shadowing: 350 hours (72 hours with a PA I work for)

In-state applicant

Disclaimer: Prior to wanting to go PA school, I was on the track for medical school until my career aspirations changed. As a result, I took 2 gap years before applying in order to work on my application and gain experience in the field. Please do not use my statistics as an indicator of what anyone else's should be like but I hope some may find it helpful. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/14/2020 at 10:12 AM, GoldenRetrieverFever said:

Whoa, congratulations! Are you a FL resident or out-of-state? 

FL resident!

On 10/14/2020 at 9:08 PM, jennsPA said:

GPA: 3.83

sGPA: 3.73

GRE: 314 and 5.0 writing 

PCE: 2,500+ as MA and scribe

PA Shadowing: ~45 hours 

Volunteer 300 hours 

• Upvote 1

On 10/13/2020 at 9:21 PM, jhalt said:

Hey everyone. I submitted my CASPA on 6/8 and it was verified on 6/12. I submitted my supplemental well before my CASPA. On 8/10, UF sent me an email saying I passed the second level of evaluation. I got offered an interview via phone call on 9/21. My interview days were 9/28 and 9/30. Still waiting to hear back but I'm hopeful! Hopefully this helps someone out! Anyone from that interview day hear anything back yet?

Overall GPA: 3.51

Science GPA: 3.39

GRE: 155 Q, 154 V, 4.0 writing

patient care hours: 8000+

Hey! I saw that two people from that date were accepted but I interviewed then and still waiting to hear back as well!

Hey everybody, congrats on those who recently got in! I interviewed mid October and see people getting in from even earlier. I have been accepted to a school that starts in January and was wondering if you all thought it would be ok to email asking potentially for a decision due to the timing of other acceptances? 

13 minutes ago, Jdw21 said:

Hey everybody, congrats on those who recently got in! I interviewed mid October and see people getting in from even earlier. I have been accepted to a school that starts in January and was wondering if you all thought it would be ok to email asking potentially for a decision due to the timing of other acceptances? 

Personally, i don’t think you should. I was in a similar situation. A lot of time people end up losing their deposits for reasons like this but it’s just a risk that comes with applying for PA school. Someone else may disagree tho 

1 hour ago, JayyPA said:

Personally, i don’t think you should. I was in a similar situation. A lot of time people end up losing their deposits for reasons like this but it’s just a risk that comes with applying for PA school. Someone else may disagree tho 

I agree. I wouldn’t. There are a lot of people in your shoes I would imagine. 

• Like 1

Don't get too stressed. Everything that was useful in the packet should have been emailed to you. Other than that, you may have missed out on a cute packet of post-its. Otherwise, congrats on your interview. Don't be shy. Converse with everyone while you have downtime between your MMIs. It will help keep you social and help to fight your nerves. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RPmedic said:

Don't get too stressed. Everything that was useful in the packet should have been emailed to you. Other than that, you may have missed out on a cute packet of post-its. Otherwise, congrats on your interview. Don't be shy. Converse with everyone while you have downtime between your MMIs. It will help keep you social and help to fight your nerves. 

Awesome...thank you!