Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn’t hear anything either! No news is good news I guess, maybe tomorrow is our day!    But this is how I’ve been feeling

I interviewed at UF last year and know a handful of students who just started and a few rising second years. I would not stress if you have not received a secondary review email. Last year, some peopl

Unsure if just me, but anxiously waiting to hear more news today (either good or bad). Congratulations on those who have been accepted already! And for those waiting to hear back today, sending you al

Posted Images

Hey! For the supplemental application, what exactly do they want us to put in for the Activities section? 

Is this just asking what we do when classes are not in session or after we graduated from college?

It says this: List how you have spent or plan to spend your time before entering UF (employment, travel, military, etc) while not enrolled in college.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, atoy1 said:

Hey! For the supplemental application, what exactly do they want us to put in for the Activities section? 

Is this just asking what we do when classes are not in session or after we graduated from college?

It says this: List how you have spent or plan to spend your time before entering UF (employment, travel, military, etc) while not enrolled in college.

 

Have you taken time off since graduating college?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2020 at 12:38 PM, Bren12 said:

Anyone start the supplemental application? Not sure if I should list the community college that I took a transient class in for 1 summer.

 

On 4/30/2020 at 12:38 PM, Bren12 said:

Anyone start the supplemental application? Not sure if I should list the community college that I took a transient class in for 1 summer.

You should list classes from any school you attended

Link to post
Share on other sites

After creeping on this thread for the past few days, I decided to finally make a profile and contribute to discussion. Just completed the CASPer exam today (...whew) and completed the supplemental application. Now only waiting to take the GRE exam in a few weeks and get my transcript/degree from my undergrad institution sent to CASPA. Super excited! 
 

Good luck to everyone! 

Edited by CrystalGemPA
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CrystalGemPA said:

After creeping on this thread for the past few days, I decided to finally make a profile and contribute to discussion. Just completed the CASPer exam today (...whew) and completed the supplemental application. Now only waiting to take the GRE exam in a few weeks and get my transcript/degree from my undergrad institution sent to CASPA. Super excited! 
 

Good luck to everyone! 

That’s awesome! I just took my CASPer too and submitted my supplemental app! I’ll be taking the GRE soon! Sounds like you’re doing great! Keep up the good work! And good luck!! I’m beyond thrilled to finally be applying this cycle!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Johnny13 said:

That’s awesome! I just took my CASPer too and submitted my supplemental app! I’ll be taking the GRE soon! Sounds like you’re doing great! Keep up the good work! And good luck!! I’m beyond thrilled to finally be applying this cycle!

Absolutely! All the same to you! The nerves are already starting to get to me a bit (this is my first cycle as well), but I know it’s just an inevitable part of the process. Thanks for making this thread! 😁

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CrystalGemPA said:

Absolutely! All the same to you! The nerves are already starting to get to me a bit (this is my first cycle as well), but I know it’s just an inevitable part of the process. Thanks for making this thread! 😁

How was the CASPer for you? Most likely signing up for the June date so was just curious!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, csantos1794 said:

How was the CASPer for you? Most likely signing up for the June date so was just curious!

For me it’s a great test to take! There’s 12 sections, 8 video based and 4 texted based scenarios. Just be genuine when you answer and be you! Highly recommend taking a practice test and practice typing speed. For you have 5 mins to answer 3 questions

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, csantos1794 said:

How was the CASPer for you? Most likely signing up for the June date so was just curious!

For me it was a bit challenging with the time constraints and just thinking really quick on your feet. 5 minutes goes by super fast! I don’t think I did terrible but I’ll be honest, maybe I brushed it off a little more than I should have. Maybe I’m overthinking it, though.  I took like, half of a practice test to kind of get the feel of everything and skimmed over some example questions. There’s not a ton else you can do to study for it, as it’s just asking you what you would do in ethical/situational based scenarios, but the time limit is what got me the most. I’d agree w/ Johnny and say take a practice test (Full length), answer everything logically, ethically and honestly and you’ll be fine! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2020 at 12:01 PM, csantos1794 said:

How was the CASPer for you? Most likely signing up for the June date so was just curious!

Hello! Was just reading through this and wanted to pitch in. It wasn't challenging as in testing your knowledge, the hardest part was answering the three written responses in five minutes! There was one section that I didn't make it to the third question but the others were fine. I googled CASPer tips and I think that helped me a lot. I did a lot of practice questions and definitely did the sample test on their website before completing it and I think that helped as well! Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TaylorD said:

Hello! Was just reading through this and wanted to pitch in. It wasn't challenging as in testing your knowledge, the hardest part was answering the three written responses in five minutes! There was one section that I didn't make it to the third question but the others were fine. I googled CASPer tips and I think that helped me a lot. I did a lot of practice questions and definitely did the sample test on their website before completing it and I think that helped as well! Good luck!

Yup great advice! I remember when I was in section 10 my fingers were starting to hurt from typing lol. Just remember to focus and you will do well on this CASPer test! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest wildalaska

CASPA verified May 11th, submitted my CASPA app to UF on the same day. My GRE scores, supplemental app, and CASPer are all completed and on their way to UF. Here we go!

Edited by wildalaska
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have another question if anybody can help. I am doing the supplemental application and it says that transcripts need to be sent directly to UF admissions. Does this mean that they want new ones plus the ones from CASPA ?. So double transcripts ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By sabella57
      Hello everyone!
      Thought I would get this page started so we can help each other out through this process. Good luck! 
    • By Nypac21
      Hi all, 
      I'm a new grad starting out in ambulatory surgery-- I'm super excited because I love being hands on in the operating room. I was just wondering if any of the Surgical PAs could give some insights about ambulatory surgery? The site I'm going to be working at has 12 surgical subspecialities (list below). From what I gathered through the interview process, I'll be able to get experience in all of them. That being said I'm worried about being prepared and knowledgeable for cases. Anyone have any tips of how to study up, or even get more comfortable once starting? I have a little over a month before start date so any resources are welcome. Thanks in advance!
      List of subspecialities/ topics to brush up on🤯🥴: 
       
      Bariatric surgery
      Breast surgery
      Colorectal surgery
      General surgery
      Head and neck surgery
      Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
      Neurosurgery
      Ophthalmologic surgery
      Orthopedic surgery
      Pediatric surgery
      Podiatric surgery
      Sports medicine surgery
      Urologic surgery
      Vascular surgery
    • By panther68
      Hey guys, wanted to start a thread with the hopes that some current UF students (1st or 2nd year) could provide some insight on why they chose the program over others, what they're enjoying most about the program, favorite things the program has to offer, the kind of support you're provided with, etc (things of that nature) 
       
      I would really appreciate it as I'm currently deciding which programs could fit best with me in this upcoming cycle! Thanks, hope to hear from some gators!! 
    • By TreyFL20
      Here is a link to a google sheets that I have created to more easily access information on each of the schools in Florida and the requirement standards for acceptance or preference. All programs were retrieved from Stetson University website: https://www.stetson.edu/artsci/pre-health/physician-assistant.php , and all program details listed on the google sheet were obtained through each programs website URL in the Stetson link provided. I hope this can help anyone who finds it hard to look up this information and compare and contrast each of the programs, as it has for me.
      Note: The Prerequisite list does not always include if the lab is required. I have listed Hours next to some courses where permitted, and If the course required a lab I did not always list it, but instead just listed the hours included. Example: Microbiology is a 3hr course for me, So when I see that it is listed as 4hrs, I know that this means a Lab must be taken for that class. 
      If anyone has any extra questions, Please do let me know, and I will try to answer. 
      If I have left out anything or made any mistakes, Please let me know and I will fix them ASAP, but I feel that it is accurate at this point, with regards to all sections except the "Average acceptance GPA", as this information was harder for me to find. 
      GOOGLE SHEETS LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zl_EXs2XC4ky1fKpzl1AAoGEa6ZyeYJUtJu9Bd3rOz4/edit?usp=sharing
    • By Mopac
      Hi all. Our EM practice is in the works of developing a head PA/NP position (manager in a sense). Currently we have a liaison who is a physician-but the physician wants to turn it over to the APPs. Since this is a new trial process for our group, I wanted to reach out and see what the job description and stipend/benefits your group gives to the PA/NP who is essentially "in charge" of the APPs at your practice. If you could tell me the type of practice you work in, location (state), job description for head APP (rough expectations), and stipend/benefits for that position I would greatly appreciate it. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More