Inaccurate depiction of PA Role

18 hours ago, ventana said:

just saying  I  HATE ASSISTANT

Spent the day on the phone managing highly complex patients over the phone.    Boy we are no bodies ASSISTANT>......

Unfortunately, to some physicians (surgeons, mainly) who act as a "supervisor"/collaborator per state law, that's all we are to them: a subservient subordinate. They don't want to relinquish any control and instead just want to tell me what to do, including scribing. No, thanks. "It's not a good fit," and unemployment here I come. (Thankfully, I networked and interviewed before this virus blew up, but it sucks that my current job negotiation has been stifled by this silly little pandemic. Hopefully they don't retract their offer. So glad I saved up. Lol.)

Edited by SedRate

Guest Paula

I saw the interview Harris Faulkner did with a PA.  It was very good and positive.  I did not see the first report.  I cannot remember who was interviewed. At one point Harris looked completely surprised at one of the answers the PA gave and then she looked like she understood and respected the PA.