List of PA schools that accept scribing as PCE

Hey everyone! I know a lot of us get our patient contact as medical scribes but not every school clearly states whether they accept this as PCE on their website. I've emailed multiple programs and have gotten responses from most, but not all. 

Can we start a thread of schools that accept SCRIBING as patient care experience? Whether you were accepted to a school with scribing as your PCE or just emailed/called to clarify, add the school to this thread so we can have a master post of schools scribes can apply to!

• 2 weeks later...

From schools that I directly reached out to this is what I know for 2020-2021

University of La Verne
Samuel Merritt
Marshall B. Ketchum

Southern CA U of Health Science 

Yale online

Nova Southeastern - Fort Laud
Northwestern U
Alderson-Broaddus
Clarkson U
Rosalind Franklin
Arizona School of Health Science
Wake Forest U
Barry U

Faulkner 
Rocky Vista U
Eastern Virginia Med School

Emory U
U of Florida
Rush U

On 3/30/2020 at 8:53 PM, pa557 said:

All the schools I applied to accepted scribing as part of PCE. It really isn't feasibly to keep an updated list with over 250 PA programs. You should really be narrowing down schools first by region, GPA / GRE score ranges, and then researching on their website for most up to date information and details. 

Not planning on applying to every school that accepts it but sometimes the information isn't explicitly stated on the website, so I thought it would just be convenient to look up the school you're interested in and see if they do or not 🙂 

I have not contacted these schools directly, but based on my research the websites for these schools also report they will accept scribe hours as PCE for 2020-2021 (in addition to those posted by @royo95). They may count scribe hours as "low level" PCE, but at least it counts for something.

Northern AZ University
University of Bridgeport
Arcadia
University of Tampa
Sullivan University
Westfield State
Creighton
Radford
Medical University of SC
Temple
Franklin College