Pro-Name Changers . . . Where do We Go From Here?

I like the idea of getting some $$ behind it - but this is always the really hard part

lots of people will sign on a piece of paper - very few will open their wallets and give out more then $20 or so.

I would also be open to a sizable donation - but I would be in the $1000 range. Seems like wwe should be able to make this a not for profit so the deductions are tax free

would need a board of directors and accounting back up to make sure the money is 100% accountable.

my other thought is to just try to push this through in a state that might be friendly to it - i.e. Ct as Yale is there - or AK as they already use colloboration agreements- just start chipping away at the iceberg.....

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the idea of getting some $$ behind it - but this is always the really hard part

lots of people will sign on a piece of paper - very few will open their wallets and give out more then $20 or so.

I would also be open to a sizable donation - but I would be in the $1000 range. Seems like wwe should be able to make this a not for profit so the deductions are tax free

would need a board of directors and accounting back up to make sure the money is 100% accountable.

my other thought is to just try to push this through in a state that might be friendly to it - i.e. Ct as Yale is there - or AK as they already use colloboration agreements- just start chipping away at the iceberg.....

Wow J, it's one thing to simply have to explain what we do, but the pt suffering directly? That's a NO-GO. If a PAC is started, count me in. I won't be able to contribute that much (Student with a baby on the way) but i'll do what I can.

Okay . . . we'll take the baby. I know, bad joke.

Wow J, it's one thing to simply have to explain what we do, but the pt suffering directly? That's a NO-GO. If a PAC is started, count me in. I won't be able to contribute that much (Student with a baby on the way) but i'll do what I can.

One problem to over come is momentum. I've signed on to a couple of PA ventures in the past and paid dues . . . only to see them sputter and go into a tailspin. It would be hard to convince people that we are serious and that we have the knowledge to see this through. If they had that assurance, I'm sure that many would be willing to step up to the plate.

One problem to over come is momentum. I've signed on to a couple of PA ventures in the past and paid dues . . . only to see them sputter and go into a tailspin. It would be hard to convince people that we are serious and that we have the knowledge to see this through. If they had that assurance, I'm sure that many would be willing to step up to the plate.

Did any civil rights movement succeed on its first attempt? Why should we expect any different. We need STORIES like Mike's, publicized to the membership, about how "assistant" is hurting patient care. Not hurting our self-actualization, nor wasting our time in explaining things, but hurting patients. THAT is the motivation that will swing the undecideds into our camp and overwhelm those who have an emotional attachment to the inferior name.

I have hesitated to make analogies to big social issues like that before since they can always be misinterpreted- BUT.....

I am amused that the name change detractors have been making comments like "this comes up every 10 yrs or so, then goes away", as if the fact that it has come up repeatedly makes it easier to dismiss. It is obviously something PAs want.

Did any civil rights movement succeed on its first attempt? Why should we expect any different. We need STORIES like Mike's, publicized to the membership, about how "assistant" is hurting patient care. Not hurting our self-actualization, nor wasting our time in explaining things, but hurting patients. THAT is the motivation that will swing the undecideds into our camp and overwhelm those who have an emotional attachment to the inferior name.

I have hesitated to make analogies to big social issues like that before since they can always be misinterpreted- BUT.....

I am amused that the name change detractors have been making comments like "this comes up every 10 yrs or so, then goes away", as if the fact that it has come up repeatedly makes it easier to dismiss. It is obviously something PAs want.

My first born is already spoken for and I have no assets to speak of, but I'm on board and will help out in whatever way I can.

Support the movement as much as u can while in school. Once u finish school, join the fight more, financially.

It's great that many PA-Ss are behind this. Spread the word among your classmates. We CAN change this antiquated and obsolete title for future generations if not this one. But the ground work must be laid now. I am a bit disappointed that if this has come up every 10 years or so and yet nothing concrete has been done till now.

Perhaps the previous generations have been deterred merely at the word of the great and mighty AAPA and not rocking the boat back then may have been more of the attitude. Anyway, we can do this if we make enough of an impact.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

My first born is already spoken for and I have no assets to speak of, but I'm on board and will help out in whatever way I can.

Support the movement as much as u can while in school. Once u finish school, join the fight more, financially.

It's great that many PA-Ss are behind this. Spread the word among your classmates. We CAN change this antiquated and obsolete title for future generations if not this one. But the ground work must be laid now. I am a bit disappointed that if this has come up every 10 years or so and yet nothing concrete has been done till now.

Perhaps the previous generations have been deterred merely at the word of the great and mighty AAPA and not rocking the boat back then may have been more of the attitude. Anyway, we can do this if we make enough of an impact.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Archived