Any news from Davis?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Tinara, when did they send you notification that you got an interview? I hope u dont mind me asking; I sent my application closer to the end of the deadline and now im wondering if it may be a reason why I havent gotten a notification yet... hopefully....

For the people that got an interview would you mind sharing your credentials I think its always good to know what we are all up against ;)

I submitted my CASPA app sometime in August. They received it at UC Davis Sept. 6th. April called me from UC Davis on October 27th and we played phone tag for a day. I was totally psyched. I know it's just an interview and only 30% will make it I think out of those being interviewed. I'm so excited still.

Hmm my credentials? Let's see I had 1000 hours of experience as a clinical research assistant for a Type II diabetes study at UCI Medical Center

GPA around 3.6 I think. I'm certified in basic life support. I was a sociology major. I also have my teaching credential and Master in Teaching from UC Irvine. To be honest, I was quite shock when I got the call considering that my clinical experience is limited compared to others. Happy nonetheless! Yay! See you guys tomorrow!!!

My friend applied to UC Davis also and she has over three years of experience as an EMT and her GPA is not too shabby either. They only gave us two dates to choose from so I am thinking we are in the first round of interviews. I think depending on how the applicants do during these two days, they will have more interviews so fear not to those of you who haven't heard anything.

I haven't heard anything from Western, Loma Linda, and Touro which are the other schools I applied to. Have anyone heard anything even though I'm in the wrong thread.

My friend applied to UC Davis also and she has over three years of experience as an EMT and her GPA is not too shabby either. They only gave us two dates to choose from so I am thinking we are in the first round of interviews. I think depending on how the applicants do during these two days, they will have more interviews so fear not to those of you who haven't heard anything.

I haven't heard anything from Western, Loma Linda, and Touro which are the other schools I applied to. Have anyone heard anything even though I'm in the wrong thread.

I have my Touro interview next Tuesday. Didn't apply to the others you listed.

I too submitted my application in late August, got the confirmation that they recieved my app, but have yet to hear back for an interview. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there still is a chance of getting in!

As for my credentials, I've majored in Therapeutic Rehab and have an overall 3.67 GPA and a 3.75 science GPA. I've had lots of patient care hours in the rehab field. 500 hours as a care provider, 1700 hours as an outpatient PT aide, 1000 hours in rehabilitation in an acute care setting and over 1500 hours assisting with inpatient and outpatient wound care. I've shadowed a few doctors and I'm also certified in Basic Life Support. Does anyone know if they are still sending interview invites? Or when the next timeframe is that we should be hearing back?

I submitted CASPA July 30th and UC-D confirmed all had been received. I have not heard anything from them yet. I have interview with University of North Dakota and was informed I made it to the final cut. I will hear in mid December if I am in or out.

I have been a Respiratory Therapist for 20 years, BLS, state and national license is current. I have thousands of hours of clinical experience from NICU, CCU, Trauma, to basic floor therapy. My GPA was accumulative 3.5 and core science 3.5. I have shadowed PAs in my area and also worked side by side for countless hours. The only thing which will probably hurt me the most with UC-D is I live out of state. Although the region of North Arkansas is very rural, and in some places under served, My plan is to return to Arkansas to practice.

I do wish everyone the best of luck. If I had any advice for the interview process is to just be yourself, don't chatter on nervously, and stay focused on the questions asked.

Wow you guys are definitely very qualified. Armymom, yeah they did mention that they preferred CA residents since their mission statement is to work in primary care in underserved populations throughout California.

During the interview yesterday, they did say that they were going to interview 106 students and pick around 30-35. Whether they've called all those 106 students already I don't know. They are doing more interviews in December.

The interview process has changed this year and it was actually like speed dating. There's 8 stations and you spend 10 minutes in each with a different faculty member each time. The new director wanted to involve more faculty members and have their input that's why.

Katethegreat and tauba, hopefully I'll see you next summer!!!

Having gone through the interview. My advice would be to smile, be yourself, make a personal connection, and make them laugh. Don't be afraid to crack a joke here and there and don't be too serious. Make sure you don't sound too monotonous or rehearsed. Lastly, remember to breathe and be prepared for any questions they may ask. I remember one time a phlebotomist was taking my blood and I was holding my breath so she jabbed me everywhere because no blood was coming out. Finally she was like are you holding your breath and I was like yeah. She was like breathe! Then my blood started flowing again so always remember to breathe. I can't imagine they would use the same questions.

Oh for those of you who are afraid of getting pepper sprayed, the interviews are conducted at UC Davis Medical Center in the Education Building and not the UC Davis campus where there are protests and police everywhere...hehehe.

Anyway, tauba and katethegreat, when did Mark say they'll get back to us regarding acceptance? Did he say December or January? Will they call or send a letter?

Archived