Any news from Davis?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“hear” by the way

I too loved the school, and their “Mission Statement”, both suit my goals to a tee. Felt the interview went fine, but you never know what they are looking for. Did my homework on selecting the school so I didn’t have any questions. Our tour guide had an exciting career and I would have liked to here more but it was about the school and not her history. I’m sure they all have great life stories. Hopefully, they will share more WHEN I get in!!!

Latest from Davis: Just got an email saying;

Good Afternoon FNP/PA Applicant,

Due to circumstances beyond our control we are running slightly behind the scheduled 2/1 notification date. We are currently in the process of sending out the notifications for the class starting 2011/2013. The notifications are scheduled to be sent out by mid February. Please do not call the FNP/PA office to check the status of you application. Thank you for your patience.

Hey future UCD PA's,

YR-1 Here, don't get your hopes up! The staff here is swamped with work. Each one on average answers 70 emails per day from us-the students, not to mention all the other things they have to worry about i.e. current admission cycle, preceptor issues, transition to Master's program, and much more. School had hired 2 new faculty members and still activly looking for a permenant Program Director. Again, hang-in there! I'm already looking to the "white-coat" ceremony for you lucky 20 future students! Okay, back to studying Nephrology! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
UCD changed the prereqs - B.S. is required now :( ... I was going to apply w/ A.S. ... very disappointed and sad~

Same here. Very sad!!! I secretly wish that RCC, Stanford and SJVC would give preference to those who meet the pre-reqs but don't have a BA degree yet. Seems to be the only options remaining for those without a BA. Well and of course Texas Tech which somehow can accept students without a BA and graduate them with a MPAS. Interesting what the different regional accreditation associations will or wont allow. Even RR CC and Anne Arundel Community College are requiring a BA. Bummer!!

• 2 months later...

Do i have any small chance?????

Has any one received any interview invitations from Samuel Merritt College, UC Davie and Toro University?

I am applying for these 3. CASPA mailed my app. I have all requirements except Human anatomy. I am taking it and should finish this class by this Dec.... Do I have any small chance at all? Any one knows?

Archived