COVID-19, PA in the trenches Blog?

I have searched here but have not found such a thread, but are any of you "in the COVID-19" trenches PAs doing a blog? I'm talking about ED, hospitalists, Intensiveness, etc.Maybe if you are really in the trenches you are too pooped to write about it. But I would be interested in following your blog.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am putting in stuff every now and then as are others, but we are all pretty busy. We have a call schedule now and if it gets really bad and I come in for double coverage or sick calls I could work up to 348 hrs in april...someone suggested I pay off the mini if that happens. might just do that. 

no time

to many local practices just stopped seeing all patients,  we only closed to URI s/s

But now I get to see everyone's diverticulitis, knee pain and non-URI complaints - @#$% rolls downhilll and I am at the bottom

all done with a few containers of Target brand wipes and a face mask (have only a few so using for about a week before discard)

Then the pressure to keep the $$$ flowing into the office (already had staff lay offs) was almost crushing.  20-30 patients a day, 10-14 our days (9 hours in clinic rest at home or in the nursing home we are medical staff for)

Just a true $%^& show with many older doc's refusing to see patients, or even talk to them on the phone.... for what reason I do not know...

Just get me to June when this all starts to die down.....

Interesting news story here in N. Texas about a company producing plastic face masks off their 3D printer.  What's unique is that they have a square cutout similar to a Darth Vader appearance over the mouth that allows for cutting up of traditional paper masks to where it fits over the square cutout essentially allowing for multiple uses of a single paper mask by cutting it up.  Providing masks free of charge.  https://www.fox4news.com/news/north-texas-software-company-making-3d-respirator-masks-to-help-during-covid-19-pandemic

Edited by GetMeOuttaThisMess

21 hours ago, tenjjetnis said:

Too exhausted and too much literature to catch up on every night. Maybe one of those social media influencers will have something...

There are several good instagram accounts giving glimpses into the front lines of everything that's happening.  In true IG format as opposed to blog type thoughts.