Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone who got an interview! I looked on csumb’s and in their application process section it mentions they only have people who are accepted and alternates fill out a cal state application. Does anyone know why they have us fill it out before the interview?

On 6/20/2020 at 1:26 PM, Guest5798 said:

Hi, I was an accepted student last year. 

We did our interviews in early September, acceptances rolled out early-mid September. We submitted the CAL state apply for those that were accepted/waitlisted.  Once you get the call of acceptance they email a 4-digit pin that you will include into your application and submit. The sooner it’s done you will get to enjoy more time relaxing before school starts and less stressing about all the things you need to do especially if you are crunched on a tight deadline. Last year our cal state apply applications took about  2-3 months to get approved. Finally we got our next steps(seat deposits, health clearances) in November and it was a lot pressure on us to get everything done in order to start school on January 6th. It’s good that the program changed for this cycle, along with interviewing earlier in the cycle; this was a significant issue last year that caused a lot of turnover of acceptances. 

Thank you so much for your response! 

1 hour ago, bflorece said:

Hi guys! Has anyone received a follow up email with information about the interview? I have mine coming up on Monday and have no info other than the initial invite lol. I was gonna email Adam today but wanted to see if I was the only one left out of the loop. 

I’m in the same boat as well. My interview is next week but haven’t received anything else neither, plus I live on the east coast and so I wanted to clarify the time zone they are using when scheduling my interview. I would email Adam since yours is coming up so soon, just in case. Good luck!

I’m in the same boat as well. My interview is next week but haven’t received anything else neither, plus I live on the east coast and so I wanted to clarify the time zone they are using when scheduling my interview. I would email Adam since yours is coming up so soon, just in case. Good luck!

Time zone is PST. I am also East Coast and I’ve already asked him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, nidhi1992 said:

I have my interview tomorrow but haven't received a link. Does anyone have an update on this?

I just emailed Adam hoping for a response before 8am tomorrow!

That's so strange to hear! I'd have thought they'd give more notice than this. I emailed Adam last week with questions regarding the interview but he said I'd get an email this week with more information. My interview is on Monday. Good luck tomorrow!!

4 hours ago, bflorece said:

Hi guys! Has anyone received a follow up email with information about the interview? I have mine coming up on Monday and have no info other than the initial invite lol. I was gonna email Adam today but wanted to see if I was the only one left out of the loop. 

Same!! My interview is also on Monday but I haven't received any information. I actually about to write an email right now until I saw your post. Did you already email him and get a response?

35 minutes ago, tckim1 said:

Same!! My interview is also on Monday but I haven't received any information. I actually about to write an email right now until I saw your post. Did you already email him and get a response?

Aw man. And yes I did email him but only like an hour or two ago so no response yet! My main concern is that I never got a confirmation email other than the link to set up the CSUMB account so I feel like somehow they’ll say my materials weren’t received and I won’t be able to interview. I’m probably waaaay overthinking. 

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone who has interviews later this week! Had my interview earlier today and it was an AMAZING experience. Y'all will see for yourselves 🙂 But just wanted to give reassurance to not be nervous and to be yourselves! Faculty does a really great job at making it a warm and comfortable experience.

We got this y'all ❤️ 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1