Email your congress person!

I am posting this email here

you need to be an AAPA member (wish they would allow anyone to send it)

take < 60 seconds to send to all four..  you have the time----please try to do.....

Dear PAs and PA students:

Right now, AAPA is working to make sure PAs are included in the COVID-19 packages moving through Congress.  But we can’t do it alone.  We urge PAs and PA students to reach out to their federal legislators to ensure that healthcare providers have access to needed PPE without delay, and to guarantee that a provision to authorize PAs to order home healthcare for their patients in order to move them out of the hospital and free up much needed beds is included in the emergency package now being drafted by Congress.  

Click here to go to AAPA's Advocacy Action Center and send a message to your senators and representative in the House. 

Please TAKE ACTION today. 

Thank you!

Tate Heuer
Vice President, Federal Advocacy
AAPA

www.aapa.org/advocacy 

This is a copy paste of the specific page

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hope2PA said:

Could someone post the letter so that non-PA’s could participate, share  and send to their senators. I’d assume the more the merrier. 

Here you go! 
See below. Also- Here is how to find your congressman: 

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

Subject
Please Protect PAs and the Patients we Serve!

Dear (Recipient's Name and Title will automatically be added by system when communication is sent.)

As your constituent and one of the more than 140,000 PAs (Physician Assistants) currently practicing in the United States, I am asking for your help to ensure I can continue providing high-quality health care to my patients as we fight the COVID-19 pandemic.

There is currently a shortage of personal protection equipment (PPE) in our nation, with many facilities being forced to ration their supplies. Without access to this lifesaving equipment, PAs and other practitioners are being forced to provide care to patients while endangering our overall health and safety. I urge you to support getting PPE in the hands of frontline providers as quickly as possible so we can continue to provide care to our patients. Also, as the House and Senate continue negotiations to finalize the COVID-19 emergency legislation, please convey to congressional leadership and committees with jurisdiction over Medicare the urgent need that they include a provision authorizing PAs and nurse practitioners to provide home health services for Medicare patients. Including this policy in the bill will allow more patients to avoid unnecessary trips to hospitals or clinics while also freeing up capacity for hospitals to treat patients suffering the worst effects of COVID-19. This policy, modeled after the Home Health Planning Improvement Act (S. 296 / H.R. 2150), is included in the latest Senate package.

Thank you for lending your voice to including the “Improving Care Planning for Medicare Home Health Services” section in the upcoming COVID-19 package and for supporting policies that will ensure access to PPE.

Four letters, here they are

Subject
Please Protect PAs and the Patients we Serve!

Dear (Recipient's Name and Title will automatically be added by system when communication is sent.)

As your constituent and one of the more than 140,000 PAs (Physician Assistants) currently practicing in the United States, I am asking for your help to ensure I can continue providing high-quality health care to my patients as we fight the COVID-19 pandemic.

There is currently a shortage of personal protection equipment (PPE) in our nation, with many facilities being forced to ration their supplies. Without access to this lifesaving equipment, PAs and other practitioners are being forced to provide care to patients while endangering our overall health and safety. I urge you to support getting PPE in the hands of frontline providers as quickly as possible so we can continue to provide care to our patients. Also, as the House and Senate continue negotiations to finalize the COVID-19 emergency legislation, please convey to congressional leadership and committees with jurisdiction over Medicare the urgent need that they include a provision authorizing PAs and nurse practitioners to provide home health services for Medicare patients. Including this policy in the bill will allow more patients to avoid unnecessary trips to hospitals or clinics while also freeing up capacity for hospitals to treat patients suffering the worst effects of COVID-19. This policy, modeled after the Home Health Planning Improvement Act (S. 296 / H.R. 2150), is included in the latest Senate package.

Thank you for lending your voice to including the “Improving Care Planning for Medicare Home Health Services” section in the upcoming COVID-19 package and for supporting policies that will ensure access to PPE.

Subject
Please Support Direct Payment for PAs

As a constituent and a PA (physician assistant), I am writing today to urge you to cosponsor and support enactment of S. 596, the Physician Assistant Direct Payment Act, bipartisan legislation that would authorize PAs to receive direct payment under Medicare.

PAs are the only health professionals who are authorized to bill for Medicare services who cannot receive direct payment from Medicare. As a result, PAs can face administrative burdens and unnecessary red tape when they work in retail clinics, rural health clinics, medical groups that contract with a hospital, or other clinical arrangements. This legislation will level the playing field so PAs are allowed to compete with other health professionals on the basis of their clinical competence and skill sets without the concern of administrative burdens hindering professional opportunities. While enactment of this legislation will largely not change the types of health care services delivered by PAs, it will provide increased flexibility for the profession moving forward. This bill will improve access to care in rural communities without impacting the scope of practice, education, or licensing requirements for PAs.

I urge you to strongly support this important legislation, which will improve healthcare for patients and reduce red tape for PAs to provide care for Medicare patients. Thank you!

Subject
Thank you for supporting S. 296

As a constituent and a physician assistant (PA) providing medical care to patients in your district, I am writing to THANK YOU for cosponsoring HR 2150, Home Health Care Planning Improvement Act, and I urge you and your colleagues to pass S. 296 this year.

This bipartisan bill will greatly increase timely access to needed care, as well as promote continuity of care, by allowing PAs to order and manage home health care.

Thank you again for your support of S. 296; please urge your colleagues to support and pass the bill this year.

Subject
Please Support S 237 - Improve Care for Diabetic Patients

As a PA (physician assistant) and a constituent, I am writing today to urge you to cosponsor S. 237, the Promoting Access to Diabetic Shoes Act. This bipartisan legislation would allow PAs to certify the need for Medicare patients to obtain diabetic shoes.

Current CMS regulations do not allow PAs to order diabetic shoes. With the aging U.S. population and prevalence of diabetes, it is absurd that PAs can manage a patient’s complex conditions like diabetes and other chronic conditions, but are not permitted by Medicare to order diabetic shoes.

For diabetic Medicare beneficiaries who receive care from a PA, S. 237 will provide timely access to needed therapeutic shoes. Thank you for helping PAs provide the best care to their patients.