What would you do??

1 hour ago, ventana said:

"Really you don't think the modern manufacturing systems could not fix this in < 48 hours?  Sure it would be expensive, but they could do it.  They are just waiting till it is a must do.....

Actually, depending upon the manufacturing line, it can be very hard to re-configure it to manufacture something different.  For example, changing a bottle filling line to fill a different size bottle with a different type liquid, add a different label, and add a different top - not too bad.  To change a soft goods line to make masks where you have multiple different materials: paper, elastic, metal, plastic - would be far more difficult.  (spent 25 years at a Fortune 50 consumer goods company pre-PA).

19 hours ago, mgriffiths said:

Is it wrong to interpret this as something that also applies to ourselves?

no, that is my point

if we all John Wayne this and we all get sick and die then there is no one left to do our jobs

sometimes times the greater good has to prevail - saying no might be the harder choice 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, ventana said:

no, that is my point

if we all John Wayne this and we all get sick and die then there is no one left to do our jobs

sometimes times the greater good has to prevail - saying no might be the harder choice 

How many "Suits" have become ill or are at risk due caring for patients while being under equipped with PPE?

Nice change at my facility: the medical director has done away with all the silly triage questions that generally are not relevant 99.9% of the time and just delay us seeing the pt like "do you feel safe in your home?" and" how many times this yr have you had more than 5 alcoholic beverages?"

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, EMEDPA said:

Nice change at my facility: the medical director has done away with all the silly triage questions that generally are not relevant 99.9% of the time and just delay us seeing the pt like "do you feel safe in your home?" and" how many times this yr have you had more than 5 alcoholic beverages?"

Are they still checking for the 5th vital sign? LOL!

• Like 1