PA-S Study Tips COVID-19

Dear Fellow PA Students,

This space is being created to facilitate the sharing of personal and group study tips that might help us to improve our learning outcome during this period when we will be receiving an online education.

Hope to see you here contributing to the enrichment of our common knowledge.

Wishing you the best,

Kele

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 🙂

Today was my first day back to school since we were pulled out of our rotations on March 12th.

I did a few things to make sure I keep on schedule, and would like to share some of them with you. Hope it helps:

1. woke up at the same time as I do during my regular rotations - 5am

2. took care of myself first - a moment with God, good music, nutritive breakfast

3. worn my scrubs and converse shoes as I would normally if working at the rotation sites

4. brought caffeinated tea, a bottle of water, and snacks to my desk to avoid getting up in the middle of class/self-directed learning 

5. left my phone in the kitchen, out of reach

6. studied for 50 minutes and took 10-minute breaks between sessions

7. took a short nap around 10 am with my head resting on my desk (just as I used to do in school as a junior PA-S)

If you did something today that was planned to help you stay focused and committed, please share it with us. It might inspire someone and help them improve their self-learning experience.

Thanks and have fun!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning my fellow PA Students!!!!

Today I am very excited and happy to be learning such exciting topics on EKGs and Arrhythmias in my Harvey course at UM.

I want to encourage each one of you to keep your eyes on that C (PA-C) and to use this time and opportunity to work on your clinician skills set (including soft skills) so to be prepared when the time comes for us to practice in the real world.

Stay strong and keep the faith and hope alive!

Be blessed

• Like 1