Yale online PA program

This upcoming cycle will be my first year applying, but I have been tracking the Online program since it started a few years ago. They used to have the essay prompts available on their website, but since they are moving to CASPA this year, the prompts aren't available until CASPA opens (as you have noticed). I actually called the admissions office yesterday, and one of the women there told me that the prompts are subject to change, so I hesitate sharing what they used to be. 

I am 2 classes away from finishing 90% my degree online, and that includes labs online (minus A&P as well as Chem). To make sure Yale would accept all of my courses (and my degree), I contacted admissions and sent them my course info and they confirmed that they accept my courses. 

Best of luck to you,

Emily 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 5:43 AM, emilymuff said:

This upcoming cycle will be my first year applying, but I have been tracking the Online program since it started a few years ago. They used to have the essay prompts available on their website, but since they are moving to CASPA this year, the prompts aren't available until CASPA opens (as you have noticed). I actually called the admissions office yesterday, and one of the women there told me that the prompts are subject to change, so I hesitate sharing what they used to be. 

I am 2 classes away from finishing 90% my degree online, and that includes labs online (minus A&P as well as Chem). To make sure Yale would accept all of my courses (and my degree), I contacted admissions and sent them my course info and they confirmed that they accept my courses. 

Best of luck to you,

Emily 

I also sent in all of the course syllabus and they did saw they will all be accepted. Do you know the acceptance rate? I want to attempt to do online as it will be better for my fiance and I as I would not have to be completely off work for two years. 

Trey

1 hour ago, Tbrock94 said:

I also sent in all of the course syllabus and they did saw they will all be accepted. Do you know the acceptance rate? I want to attempt to do online as it will be better for my fiance and I as I would not have to be completely off work for two years. 

Trey

Psst...three year part time PA programs...you can work and go to school....https://www.thepalife.com/physician-assistant-programs-offering-part-time-options/

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Tbrock94 said:

Trey

I have not found any info regarding the acceptance rate, but I know it is very competitive, just like most PA programs, but if you meet all the requirements and think the online hybrid program is a good fit for you, then you should go for it.

Here is what the Yale Online site says about working during school:

Can I work full time while enrolled in the program?

Due to the time intensive nature of the Yale PA Online Program, students are discouraged from working while enrolled.

Any student who chooses to work while in the program is expected to attend scheduled classes and fulfill all stated activities of the program. A student who chooses to work may not switch classes, Problem-Based Learning sessions (PBL), special assignments, or clinical rotations to accommodate their work schedule.

If the student’s academic or clinical performance falls below the minimum program standard, the program director may recommend a student stop working. This recommendation will be made in writing and placed in the student’s file.

Students are not at any time required to perform work duties for the PA Online Program. Students are not permitted to substitute for clinical or administrative staff during supervised clinical practice experiences. Violation of these policies will result in a referral to the Academic Affairs Committee.