Summer 2020 grads - Apply for jobs or not?

For those in programs scheduled to graduate in summer 2020, is it worth applying for jobs now or is it best to wait since we don't know when programs will restart rotations? 

On 3/21/2020 at 9:38 AM, Bf555 said:

I graduate in May. I accepted a hospitalist position last month

For those who have not yet gotten a job, though, such as August grads, I'm wondering if it's worth applying with so much uncertainty.

Frankly I'd wait.  Hospitals/healthcare have bigger things to deal with right now than hiring for someone who can't reasonably start until the fall - assuming you graduate on time.  Your app will probably just get lost in the shuffle.

My class was supposed to graduate in May, but rotations are delayed. No PANCE, no legit work. It'll be a waiting game in the least and a mad dash of applicants once everything dies down.

On 3/26/2020 at 10:27 AM, Jealsa said:

My class was supposed to graduate in May, but rotations are delayed. No PANCE, no legit work. It'll be a waiting game in the least and a mad dash of applicants once everything dies down.

Things get bad enough, you'll get to skip the PANCE and go straight to ICU work.