SIU - C questions

If you don't get any responses from someone currently in year 2 on this forum, I would contact the program advisor at SIUC. The program's website states that clinical rotations are completed at multiple locations throughout central & southern Illinois, but I couldn't tell you how this works (ie, can you do all the rotations in one location, or will you do some in Carbondale, some in Mattoon, some in..., etc.).

I'm originally from central Illinois and did my undergraduate studies at SIUC, and thoroughly enjoyed the area when I was there.

If you don't get any responses from someone currently in year 2 on this forum, I would contact the program advisor at SIUC. The program's website states that clinical rotations are completed at multiple locations throughout central & southern Illinois, but I couldn't tell you how this works (ie, can you do all the rotations in one location, or will you do some in Carbondale, some in Mattoon, some in..., etc.).

I'm originally from central Illinois and did my undergraduate studies at SIUC, and thoroughly enjoyed the area when I was there.

I would check with the advisor because last year they were talking about changing it from where the students all kind of got together and worked out where who was going to which site and they were possibly changing it to where you would be assigned a specific site. Atleast thats what they said at my interview last year.

I would check with the advisor because last year they were talking about changing it from where the students all kind of got together and worked out where who was going to which site and they were possibly changing it to where you would be assigned a specific site. Atleast thats what they said at my interview last year.

• 4 years later...

Could any current or previous students of the program shed some light on how they liked their time at SIU? Didactic year, clinicals, etc. Do/did you feel prepared by the program for a future in medicine?

Likes/dislikes/things you wish you knew ahead of time?

Thanks!

Archived