Yale Online

This is my first year applying and Yale online is the only option for me, because of that I have been tracking their program since it started a few years ago. 

To get more info, I highly reccommend reading their website, because it really explains their set up. Also, https://paonline.yale.edu/admissions/events/ this link lets you sign up for webinars that the school hosts and gives you so much info on the program, and their application.

ThePAPlatform podcast did an interview with one of the current Yale Online students, Macy, and she also did a great job explaining the program. 

This is my opinion: I think that the application itself is not more difficult (granted there are three supplemental essays), but because this is a new online program and they want to be taken seriously, they probably want to ensure they accept students who they are confident in and know they will succeed. They didn't even fill all of their seats for their first cohort. So I think it may be more competitive, because some people may see an online program and assume it is easier. 

Anyways, I hope that helped!

Best,

Emily 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, emilymuff said:

This is my first year applying and Yale online is the only option for me, because of that I have been tracking their program since it started a few years ago. 

To get more info, I highly reccommend reading their website, because it really explains their set up. Also, https://paonline.yale.edu/admissions/events/ this link lets you sign up for webinars that the school hosts and gives you so much info on the program, and their application.

ThePAPlatform podcast did an interview with one of the current Yale Online students, Macy, and she also did a great job explaining the program. 

This is my opinion: I think that the application itself is not more difficult (granted there are three supplemental essays), but because this is a new online program and they want to be taken seriously, they probably want to ensure they accept students who they are confident in and know they will succeed. They didn't even fill all of their seats for their first cohort. So I think it may be more competitive, because some people may see an online program and assume it is easier. 

Anyways, I hope that helped!

Best,

Emily 

best of luck to you! I have been seeing your name in so many posts that I read and I appreciate the advice you give and share with others. I also want to apply to this program but im not the most competitive student out there, but it may be worth a try? maybe.

On 3/25/2020 at 9:29 AM, AspiringFuturePA2022 said:

best of luck to you! I have been seeing your name in so many posts that I read and I appreciate the advice you give and share with others. I also want to apply to this program but im not the most competitive student out there, but it may be worth a try? maybe.

I appreciate your kind words 🙂

I have just done a lot of research on the whole process. From what I have read from others, I think that if you find a program that you think you'll like, and meet all of the pre-reqs, then absolutely go for it!

Best of luck to you!