Emergency Credentialing

So I just interviewed for and was offered a new rural perdiem job, which I accepted. They initially told me credentialing takes 3 months. They contacted me yesterday to ask about my availability in 2 weeks. Apparently I am going to get emergency credentialing. makes you wonder what they do with those other 10 weeks most of the time.

• Upvote 2

I suspect, but do not know, that the Coronavirus situation played a role in speeding up your credentialing. Emergency declarations have made and many state boards are waiving licensing requirements in order to increase the work force. Of the course the stipulation is that the provider must be engaged in activities to help with the Covid response - how that is determined is unclear to me. For people that are simply starting previously planned new jobs I would guess that the remainder of the normal credentialing process (insurance, medicaid/medicare credentialing) will continue in the background. But I have no experience with administration so all of this is just a guess.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dphy83 said:

I suspect, but do not know, that the Coronavirus situation played a role in speeding up your credentialing. Emergency declarations have made and many state boards are waiving licensing requirements in order to increase the work force. Of the course the stipulation is that the provider must be engaged in activities to help with the Covid response - how that is determined is unclear to me. For people that are simply starting previously planned new jobs I would guess that the remainder of the normal credentialing process (insurance, medicaid/medicare credentialing) will continue in the background. But I have no experience with administration so all of this is just a guess.

Oh, definitely did. I will be covering a few folks that got quarantined.