Hi my name is Ahmed Rehman and Im a college student that attends Suffolk Community College. Im here to ask if there is any Physician Assistants around my area that are willing to allow me to shadow them. I was really interested in this career path since at a young age and I would love to shadow during the summer. I live around in East Patchogue and Brookhaven. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest mands
On 3/13/2020 at 4:28 PM, AhmedRehman said:

Hi my name is Ahmed Rehman and Im a college student that attends Suffolk Community College. Im here to ask if there is any Physician Assistants around my area that are willing to allow me to shadow them. I was really interested in this career path since at a young age and I would love to shadow during the summer. I live around in East Patchogue and Brookhaven. Thank you.

I agree with Connor ^. Because of the high demand, unless you know someone very closely, your chances of them letting you shadow them is slim (that is, there really isn't any benefit for the practitioners). 

I lived on Long Island (hempstead) & went to Hofstra (moved a few months ago). For our area, the whole Northwell Health system is HUGE on having scribes. Scribing for some programs is automatic write off for shadowing bc you work under PAs. On the other hand, you could have the PAs sign this form because by scribing, you're being paid to shadow and document everything they are doing. If you are interested in Hospitals in Northwell, look into Scribe America's company. They are the majority "supplier" of scribes for our region. I worked at Huntington Hospital which is a major hospital in the suffolk county region!! I worked for scribe america & got all my hours automatically written off for this, so if you have more questions feel free to DM me 🙂

Edited by mands