What is this abomination (Physician Extender Development program

13 hours ago, MediMike said:

Jesus.  They're losing their minds over new grad nursing residencies on SDN at the moment.  Such anger they have. *Yoda voice in case you couldn't pick it up

I honestly had to stop visiting SDN.  I have gleaned a lot of good information off that site for many years which helped guide my schooling, but as of about 6 months ago, it seems like every thread devolves into extreme paranoia over PAs and NPs, and the few docs who are like “this is not really how it is in the real world, chill” are SWIFTLY berated by everyone else.. 

12 hours ago, EMEDPA said:

Why didn't they just call it the Emergency Medicine training program for adv practice providers?

Who knows. Why not just call it a residency? This is one we need to stand our ground on folks. It will come back to bite us when NPs are telling legislators one day they do “residencies,” and PAs do “post grad training.” Yes, I see this one involves a NP, but I’m telling you they will one day have enough they can train their own for residencies and will use it to market it as better than us.

8 hours ago, FiremedicMike said:

I honestly had to stop visiting SDN.  I have gleaned a lot of good information off that site for many years which helped guide my schooling, but as of about 6 months ago, it seems like every thread devolves into extreme paranoia over PAs and NPs, and the few docs who are like “this is not really how it is in the real world, chill” are SWIFTLY berated by everyone else.. 

I get it.  I have a tendency to enjoy watching them lose their minds though.