Congrats Florida PAs

looks like PA mentioned 5 times,   there is some new things in it

What was missed for PA??

Then I went and searched for ADVANCED PRACTICE REGISTERED NURSE and there is 72 mentions!!!

WHAT happened??  Florida PA's you need to overthrow your state agency, and demand better actions....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kang1208 said:

Please keep us updated on this status and what we can do to help amend this bill to include PAs. I'm trying to support fellow Florida PAs and from NY but not sure how we can help.

In another recent thread, it was mentioned that ANYONE could email Florida senators. Others said they did, therefore, I also sent email to all Florida State senators. Actually got a few responses indicating they would consider request. I live no where near Florida. It would take majority of PA’s in the nation to equal nurses in one state. All PA’s need to work together. 

Guest PAhopeful85

Guess I should drop out of school now and save the money before graduating into a saturated field with APRNs getting all the jobs. We need to change our name or we'll never catch up. 

This is the official response from FAPA on the situation:

“Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” - Denis Waitley

The PA profession experienced a setback today with the passage of HB 607. This legislation will give primary care APRNs autonomous practice in Florida and not us. 

I can assure everyone that is reading this post that FAPA Leadership and Lobbying Team spent a lot of blood, sweat, and tears to be a part of this legislation.

There are a number of reasons why PAs were left out of this Bill and we will speak about them in due time.

However, I want to say a Huge “Thank You” to all of our champions such as our Lobbyist, Corinne Mixon and her wonderful Team. Thank you also goes to our FAPA Leadership and all of our supporters in the State and beyond!

Thank you to AAPA for their wonderful efforts as well!

I can promise you all that we are not giving up on our legislative goals. There are several goals I want to see happen next Legislative session. These  goals will be made apparent very soon.

I have already seen and heard some negative comments concerning being left out of this legislation. Let’s not focus on the negative but let’s focus our energy on making strides for the good of our profession and good for our patients.

In the meantime, I need all PAs in Florida to become or renew membership with FAPA. We also need all PAs to give all you can to the FAPA Political Action Committee (PAC). Both of these can be found at our website at www.fapaonline.org 

An official statement from FAPA Leadership will come soon! 

Gregory Burns
FAPA President-Elect

1 hour ago, johncfl said:

This is the official response from FAPA on the situation:

“Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” - Denis Waitley

The PA profession experienced a setback today with the passage of HB 607. This legislation will give primary care APRNs autonomous practice in Florida and not us. 

I can assure everyone that is reading this post that FAPA Leadership and Lobbying Team spent a lot of blood, sweat, and tears to be a part of this legislation.

There are a number of reasons why PAs were left out of this Bill and we will speak about them in due time.

However, I want to say a Huge “Thank You” to all of our champions such as our Lobbyist, Corinne Mixon and her wonderful Team. Thank you also goes to our FAPA Leadership and all of our supporters in the State and beyond!

Thank you to AAPA for their wonderful efforts as well!

I can promise you all that we are not giving up on our legislative goals. There are several goals I want to see happen next Legislative session. These  goals will be made apparent very soon.

I have already seen and heard some negative comments concerning being left out of this legislation. Let’s not focus on the negative but let’s focus our energy on making strides for the good of our profession and good for our patients.

In the meantime, I need all PAs in Florida to become or renew membership with FAPA. We also need all PAs to give all you can to the FAPA Political Action Committee (PAC). Both of these can be found at our website at www.fapaonline.org 

An official statement from FAPA Leadership will come soon! 

Gregory Burns
FAPA President-Elect

Good god what a devastating defeat.  Just terrible.  PA's even with all of our training, we are now officially a 3rd tier provider.  I feel terrible for new PA's and their school loans.  Older PA's and their lack of foresight into realizing just how important changing our name would be, the lack of aggressive legislation for solo practice (i.e. the misguided goal of still being attached to our supervising docs), and now all of its subsequent  consequences.

Awful.

Maybe the group who so strongly opposed changing title to remove PA initials knew what they were doing. They always wanted to stay assistant or Associate, now can still use PA and be Practitioner Assistant/Associate. Hope  those in position To do something in May have the foresight to really give the profession a title to help the next legislative fight like Florida. keeping assistant  or associate  in the title only makes progress harder to achieve . Sorry Florida PA, I wish you all the best and don’t give up. 

• Upvote 1