Nevada vs. Utah? Which would you choose?

Hi All, 

I am currently a PA who is in a fellowship for epidemiology which is about to end and I am trying to move back closer to Nevada where my family lives (we have a baby boy, now, and really want him to have grandparents around). I was wondering if anyone who lives in Las Vegas/Reno or SLC can share their thoughts on the job market, practice environment, and salaries in NV vs. UT?

I have a strong background in public health and epidemiology/research, but I am thinking I might switch back to medicine for a while for the pay (my parents don't have enough money saved for retirement) and to keep my clinical skills fresh. I am interested in emergency medicine or any positions that might be well suited for someone with 2 years of Emed experience.  Thanks for your consideration! 

Edited by JacksonLane

Job market in Utah has always been pretty saturated, and pay is below average from my research. Pay in Nevada on the other hand is higher than average and the market seems to be pretty good. Just my experience. I've lived in both states, but don't live in either one currently. I'm sure others will have more current input.