Mailings?

It's pretty much irrelevant anyway; all the schools recieve the applications electronically and have the ability - should they choose - to review your application from the day you e-submit. None of the programs' deadlines listed on CASPA require the app to be mailed, only verified. Schools which wait for the "mailing" status generally do so just to be able to review the applications in more manageable batches rather than having to update their lists on a daily basis, but as far as applicants are concerned, it doesn't really mean anything as it did back in the day when the apps were still physically mailed.

It's pretty much irrelevant anyway; all the schools recieve the applications electronically and have the ability - should they choose - to review your application from the day you e-submit. None of the programs' deadlines listed on CASPA require the app to be mailed, only verified. Schools which wait for the "mailing" status generally do so just to be able to review the applications in more manageable batches rather than having to update their lists on a daily basis, but as far as applicants are concerned, it doesn't really mean anything as it did back in the day when the apps were still physically mailed.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait...CASPA won't be mailing completed applications until late June!? That's why I was so confused when some schools didn't update there supplemental applications. I was wondering what was wrong. I even emailed CASPA questioning why a "mailing date" wasn't appearing up under "My Programs." This forum is awesome, my questions always get answered. lol Good luck to all that are applying! :)

P.S. Is it bad that I already submitted some of my supplemental applications? I wish I had known about the date change earlier...

Wait...CASPA won't be mailing completed applications until late June!? That's why I was so confused when some schools didn't update there supplemental applications. I was wondering what was wrong. I even emailed CASPA questioning why a "mailing date" wasn't appearing up under "My Programs." This forum is awesome, my questions always get answered. lol Good luck to all that are applying! :)

P.S. Is it bad that I already submitted some of my supplemental applications? I wish I had known about the date change earlier...

How long after mailings do students start hearing from the schools?

I know this doesn't help much, but it's sometime between when they receive your application & mark it complete (contact school) and their first interview date (contact school).

Archived