Took PANCE and freaking out

Guest jb555

Guest jb555

Hi everyone. I took the PANCE this week and cannot handle the post-test anxiety.

So when I take tests, I always write down the questions that I don't 100% know the answer, so that I can go back. I did that when taking the PANCE and I feel like I absolutely knew around 60% (although towards the end I was less than diligent in doing this since I was frickin exhausted). The rest ranged from being between two answers and not knowing what the heck the question was even talking about, so I figure that hopefully I got at least 70%, most likely more - but while that would make me feel okay for a school test, it means nothing for the PANCE.

Because of the different test difficulties, the ridiculous way they score it, and how you're graded against others, I have no idea how I did and am freaking out. I've seen people on here get 70% and still fail. I also heard that scores are released every Thursday, but classmates took it last week and still haven't heard back. I pray I find out tomorrow, not only for my sake, but also my roommate's!

I have a job lined up and am getting married soon - I need to pass so that I keep my job and actually have an income again! Anyone else freaking out or with words of advice for dealing with this?

Thanks.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jb555

Hi everyone. I took the PANCE this week and cannot handle the post-test anxiety.

So when I take tests, I always write down the questions that I don't 100% know the answer, so that I can go back. I did that when taking the PANCE and I feel like I absolutely knew around 60% (although towards the end I was less than diligent in doing this since I was frickin exhausted). The rest ranged from being between two answers and not knowing what the heck the question was even talking about, so I figure that hopefully I got at least 70%, most likely more - but while that would make me feel okay for a school test, it means nothing for the PANCE.

Because of the different test difficulties, the ridiculous way they score it, and how you're graded against others, I have no idea how I did and am freaking out. I've seen people on here get 70% and still fail. I also heard that scores are released every Thursday, but classmates took it last week and still haven't heard back. I pray I find out tomorrow, not only for my sake, but also my roommate's!

I have a job lined up and am getting married soon - I need to pass so that I keep my job and actually have an income again! Anyone else freaking out or with words of advice for dealing with this?

Thanks.

Guest jb555

Thanks.

Hello Good luck in getting your results, but I was wondering what materials you used to study for the PANCE. Did you take any prep courses? and when did you start studying for it? I finished my first year of PA school and I have two more years left, so I was wondering if it's too early to start or not. Thank you for your help and best of luck.

Hello Good luck in getting your results, but I was wondering what materials you used to study for the PANCE. Did you take any prep courses? and when did you start studying for it? I finished my first year of PA school and I have two more years left, so I was wondering if it's too early to start or not. Thank you for your help and best of luck.

My classmates have been hearing back Thursday mornings, a week later. I just took it too and it was freaking hard :( I spent the last 3 weeks studying 9-5 and did take a review class. I was doing 60-80% on my practice tests, but I feel like I got totally creamed yesterday. I guess we'll know in a week! I may have a mandatory 3 month "vacation" coming up :xD:

My classmates have been hearing back Thursday mornings, a week later. I just took it too and it was freaking hard :( I spent the last 3 weeks studying 9-5 and did take a review class. I was doing 60-80% on my practice tests, but I feel like I got totally creamed yesterday. I guess we'll know in a week! I may have a mandatory 3 month "vacation" coming up :xD:

Guest jb555

Oh my gosh abugarcias, I cannot imagine waiting that long!

And faganj2, from what I've read on this forum, they release PANCE scores Thursday mornings....I can't find that anywhere on their website though so who knows.

Guest jb555

And faganj2, from what I've read on this forum, they release PANCE scores Thursday mornings....I can't find that anywhere on their website though so who knows.

Guest jb555

Archived