Current PA-S1 on Spring Break. AMA!

Hi Pre-PAs! I was in your shoes just a little more than a year ago! I know I had lots of questions about being a student or the process of becoming a student in general that I hoped would be answered by browsing these forums.

Today is the first day of Spring Break for me. It's a breath of fresh air not having to study for an upcoming exam! I have roughly 3.5 more months of didactic. Feel free to ask my anything about school, becoming a student, or just life in general. I hope this helps answer questions that any of you may have. Cheers!

hi!  thanks for posting this! any advice for students starting August 2020!? i feel guilty not studying ahead sooo i’m just doing the med comic coloring books. what studying tips/resources do you recommend to study/get ahead? i have ankis med school deck and passively watching osmosis videos. 

Edited by hustleforthePAC
spelling

No problem at all.

Personally, I did not do much prior to starting school. Many of the 1st year and 2nd year students at my program advised against doing anything school related prior to starting when I asked them. I'll tell you the same.

I understand if you're trying to keep your head in school mode but nothing that you really do right now can prep you of what's to come. If you absolutely HAVE to do something, I recommend brushing up on your anatomy but don't stress yourself out over it. PA school progresses at such a fast pace that you don't really have time to immerse yourself in what you're learning. Anatomy was only 6 weeks for us but we had class and lab almost everyday. Perhaps go over some material that you weren't really confident in when you took it before. I hope this helps 🙂

P.S. Please take time off and RELAX.

Edited by Jchen14
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...