Independent Practice In Arizona

Hello,

My name is Ken,  I have a question concerning autonomy in the state of Arizona. My family is working on starting an assisted living, we're almost done with this business, and I will be applying to PA school this year. After finishing my PA school and training in general medicine or geriatric, I will be working in my family assisted living business. Can anyone please tell the process or the  rules/ how to getting a physician to supervise me in the my own assisted living? I hope my question makes sense.

Best regards,

Ken, MS

• 2 weeks later...

Each state has it own rules about the supervisory role. For example in my state, Washington, we have a remote practice and regular supervisory roles and they require different levels of supervision. Then it comes down to finding the physician who is willing, usually in exchange for $. When I owned a practice ( I don't think it has changed) Medicare and Medicaid required that the PA could not own 100% of the business so I gave 1% ownership to my SP,  however with a good lawyer you could also created a business that has a family member (who is not a PA) to be the other 1% owner.