2020-2021 Application Stats

Hi!

Looking to get some information on how many schools is reasonable to apply to and how many is excessive, importance of GRE scores, how to categorize some previous work experience, and the likelihood of acceptance with my current stats. Graduated from Penn State University in December 2018 with a B.S. in Psychology/Neuroscience.

cGPA: 3.68

sGPA: 3.67

PCE: 1850 hours as a Medical Assistant for a private practice Ped. Ophthalmologist

I interned at a BioMed firm as a Logistics Associate for the Division of Microbiology and Infectious Disease contract for NIH. I worked on a Safety Oversight Committee responsible for ensuring human subject protection for those participating in clinical trials. I worked full-time during the Spring, Summer, and Winter breaks over the course of 4 years in college. Is this considered "health related experience"? or more likely work experience that just looks good on my resume?

I am planning on taking the GRE in the next few months. Most schools do not state a minimum score, but if I take it and do not do well, will it make my application overall less competitive?

Any information is greatly appreciated. First time applicant this year. 🙂

Edited by t9056