What is the difference?

I am prior Navy, and am applying to a PA program outside of the Navy, however my husband is active duty and is applying to the Navy PA program soon. What makes a military applicant competitive besides good grades, LOR, and test score? 

Is the Navy looking for the same wickets in a personal statement as the outside programs? Any tips on this part?

(He doesn't have an account here so that's why I am asking) 

Thank you for your help,

Emily 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 6:30 AM, emilymuff said:

I am prior Navy, and am applying to a PA program outside of the Navy, however my husband is active duty and is applying to the Navy PA program soon. What makes a military applicant competitive besides good grades, LOR, and test score? 

Is the Navy looking for the same wickets in a personal statement as the outside programs? Any tips on this part?

(He doesn't have an account here so that's why I am asking) 

Thank you for your help,

Emily 

Basically, whatever makes you a great PA applicant is what the Navy is going to look for as well. 

I am prior corpsman and decided to apply for HSCP for PA school. My approach was the same for applying to PA school. THe only thing is if you are prior service, they will look at every single Eval you ever got in the Navy. I think it helped me cause I had made sure in the recommendation of my evals, my LPO or chief put that I was a great Naval Officer candidate. 

PS should be geared towards why Navy and what makes you a good fit to be a Naval Officer. LOR from your prior Naval chain of command will be good I think. Also good grades is always helpful. 

Ashish

• Upvote 1