House calls in NY

I am a PA w/ almost 3 yrs of experience (mainly in-pt; hospitalist), and will be interviewing to work for an MD so that I can make house calls seeing home-bound pts as follow-ups on long island, NY. All I know (pre-interview), is that I am paid per patient not per hour. Does anyone know what would be a competitive rate? I have no idea even how much the MD is roughly able to charge per visit, but would love to have a clue as to either before I interview... thanks!

I am a PA w/ almost 3 yrs of experience (mainly in-pt; hospitalist), and will be interviewing to work for an MD so that I can make house calls seeing home-bound pts as follow-ups on long island, NY. All I know (pre-interview), is that I am paid per patient not per hour. Does anyone know what would be a competitive rate? I have no idea even how much the MD is roughly able to charge per visit, but would love to have a clue as to either before I interview... thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I think you would need to know how many patients you are likely to see in a day.

And keep in mind that any patient that you see frees the doc up to do other billable work. Don't cut yourself short

If this is a full time job start with the annual salary you want and go backwards from there

Archived