New grad job offer question

Hello everyone, 

I am a new grad and have an offer in ICU which I am considering but slightly hesitant. The offer is 110,000 salary based, 7 on 7 off nights  no vacation days but you can trade/give away to others working there. they will pay for all licensing, 1000 for CME, and I have to get my own malpractice insurance but they will reimburse after 6 months. Is this considered a good ofter? what else should I ask for? 

Why cant they pay for malpractice if they are going to reimburse anyway? Are they worried people leave before 6 months mark?

7 on 7 off is a tough schedule, people have love and hate relationship with it. My biggest question would be what are they offering as far as training goes? Lectures? One on one review of cases etc. New grad in ICU is going to go through a VERY steep learning curve. Make sure this is clarified beforehand

CME is a little low especially if you want to attend conferences. Most conferences charge 600$ then you have your flights/hotels 

Salary is ok l, pretty low end for ICU. Any talks of revisiting salary once you are trained? Are you making any night differential on top of your base?? Or is this salary including base and differential together?

not a terrible package if you can re-negotiate your malpractice and cme money. And ask about training and how/if your salary will improve once you are trained

• Upvote 1

Night work may require more independent judgement since you don't typically have the same number of resources that you would have on days. This might make your learning curve even steeper.

Definitely inquire on the training regimen. Will you train on days for a period of time first?

Negotiate on CME and malpractice. If you buy claims made and they reimburse, will they also pay for tail if and when you leave? No vacation days is BS. Look for any stipulations on resignation timeframe. 

I'm confused about the "give away" part of your vacation time. Aren't you required to work a set number of shifts per month? What if you "give away" a few in order to take a longer vacation? Will you get penalized? If you are on the receiving end of those extra shifts, do you get paid extra on top of your salary?

They said that in the past they paid malpractice but a few people left throughout the years so they changed it but she said they will cover everything. Training wise they said for a about 2 months they will train. I tried to negotiate on the salary and CME but they said that they were pretty firm and they would not be giving any night shift difference.

Overall i got another offer in Primary care with the same salary plus 3 weeks PTO, 1500$ for CME, and he's willing to train me well so I'm most likely going to take that offer. Thank you so much for all your inputs!