South University - West Palm Beach

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, duhkevinz said:

Anyone feel like finding housing and moving will be extremely rushed since we haven’t heard back on accreditation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, not at all my friend. And here's why. The rental and housing market in WPB is hot right now because it's south Florida and everyone wants to move there. So, landlords are not wanting to rent out to anyone until about next month cause they don't want to lose easy rent money. I don't particularly like signing leases this late, but frankly, don't really have a choice.

As far as accreditation goes, it's ridiculous. The program had their initial review early to mid June. Then, ARC-PA has the accreditation meeting at the end of September. Like how does it take three and a half months to make a decision? They also have thirty days to let the program know. Believe me, we are all frustrated about that. But hopeful the news is coming soon! And the reality is, it will be fine. The program got zero observations (the equivalent of needed corrective actions).

Lastly, there is still spots open for the class! Not a lot but a few. So, the faculty are interviewing late to get any good last minute candidates. If you are still interviewing, did just interview on the 8th, or are waitlisted, you still have some hope. Wish you all the best of luck - I know it's daunting! But if you get the opportunity for acceptance, this program is worth it! The faculty are absolutely fantastic and they are so excited for the inaugural class to come on board!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, gabibimelo said:

Hello everyone! 

I just got pulled off the waitlist! So excited to meet everyone! Is there a GroupMe or groupchat that everyone is in? 

Congrats! I’m sure one of the directors will add you to our group! Can’t wait to meet you! We have a great group of people who are all very nice and helpful. 😊

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, i’m new here so I apologize if this has been covered. I am seeking to understand the clinical hours aspect of the South University PA program in West Palm Beach. I have been a police officer in some capacity for thirteen years and have treated hundreds of people as a first responder. That treatment really doesn’t go beyond life saving measures until someone more qualified can take over. Has anyone had similar experience satisfy the clinical hours recommended by South? I would be interested in hearing about the clinical hours others have applied toward this program, also. Thanks!!!

Hi guys, I interviewed in July but was rejected, but today I received an email from Mallorie that my account has been created and when I log in, I have an enrollment ID and an advisor. Did this happen to anyone else? I'm thinking it's a glitch. I called but they said the program director is out for break until Monday.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...