South University - West Palm Beach

20 hours ago, Tann94 said:

Thank you so much for this! Did you have four interviews? What did you think of it being virtual?

Correct, yes, it was four interviews. It went very well virtually. I was very impressed because in the interview with the program director - they lost power (AKA internet). So, all interviewers had to adapt and either go on their phones for video chat and/or call us on our phones to continue the interview. Other than that things ran very smoothly.

Hello All! 

I am excited to announce that I have been offered a seat in the upcoming program beginning in January 2021! I was curious as to if anyone else had heard anything from the program? I would like to find out if there is a Facebook page/group to begin to meet other classmates! 

Excited to meet you all, and good luck to those still applying!🥰

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dmle225 said:

Hello All! 

I am excited to announce that I have been offered a seat in the upcoming program beginning in January 2021! I was curious as to if anyone else had heard anything from the program? I would like to find out if there is a Facebook page/group to begin to meet other classmates! 

Excited to meet you all, and good luck to those still applying!🥰

I got an acceptance email as well! Not sure if there is a FB page but we could definitely make one!

Hi guys! Also got an acceptance email! Looking forward to meeting you all - very cool to be part of an inaugural class! It's probably a bit early for any Facebook to be made at this point. I'm sure once deposits are put in the program will send out information about connecting as this is the inaugural class.

As for others applying, don't lose hope despite our acceptances. Thursday was only interview number #2 and the class will be 40 students in total. If you do get an interview, be yourself is my biggest advice. The faculty were SOOOO easy to talk to. They were down to earth and relaxed, and it was a fantastic experience. They will ask traditional questions, so be prepared (read your interview books - Savanna Perry and Andrew Rodican are my recommendations). I wish luck to you all!

Edited by UpAndComingPA
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, jorhinson said:

Does anyone know if a facebook group has been started yet?

There has not been a group started yet. I reached out to Mallorie about it, and she informed me that they had not made a decision. She did inform me that they would contact us when they made a decision whether to or not. 

Hey guys, congratulations to everyone that's been accepted! I knew this program was rolling admissions but it seems like they've already filled a good portion of the available seats. My CASPA was verified July 13th and they should get my GRE scores by July 16th. Do y'all think I'm too late to the game? Do y'all know how many seats are still available? Also, do the people who have gotten acceptance letters mind sharing your stats?

8 hours ago, rudyEMT said:

Hey guys, congratulations to everyone that's been accepted! I knew this program was rolling admissions but it seems like they've already filled a good portion of the available seats. My CASPA was verified July 13th and they should get my GRE scores by July 16th. Do y'all think I'm too late to the game? Do y'all know how many seats are still available? Also, do the people who have gotten acceptance letters mind sharing your stats?

I don’t think you’re too late! They’re only in the third week of interviews right now. Keep in mind that some of the people accepted aren’t going to pay the $1,000 seat deposit. I was accepted and my stats are as follows:

cGPA: 3.77

sGPA: 3.79

GRE: 302 (156 Q, 146 V, 4.5 W)

PCE: ~1,600 when I applied (verified on 5/27, received interview invite on 5/28)

Volunteering: ~200

Shadowing: 50 PA, 50 NP

LOR: 1 PA, 1 RN, 1 professor

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rudyEMT said:

I think there is still an opportunity for you! Keep in mind that because the program is not accredited yet this school may not be other applicants first choice. Even if they are accepted now they may retract their acceptance for a more established school at a later point. 

My GPAs were not the greatest. My cGPA was a 3.4 and my sGPA was a 3.3...I returned to school after graduating and took 60 credit hours of upper division science courses and maintained like a 3.8 GPA (the prerecs, biochem, molecular bios, neuroscience courses, etc). So although my GPA was “low”, I proved my capabilities.

My GRE was also not remarkable. I had 150 for both reading and math and a 4.5 in writing. 

I did have unparalleled patient care experience and leadership experience.  I was head of a dermatology clinic and a dermatology MA (7,000 patient care hours) and a first responder.

I had a year of neuroscience research experience as a research assistant. 

About 300 PA shadow hours across various specialties. 

My letters were from a PA I worked for in a derm clinic, the director of FSUCOM residency program who’s clinic I ran, another physician I worked for, and the professor I was a research assistant for. 

I think my personal statement really showed my values, writing style, and explained the patient experiences that got me to this point. 

• Like 1