South University - West Palm Beach

Hello Fellow PA peers,

In the hunt for Florida PA programs, I stumbled upon South University - west palm beach.

They are currently applying for accreditation and will have their first cohort in Jan 2021.

Is anyone in this new cohort? Any opinions on this programs? I live very close to this campus so I am very interested 

Wow that's crazy they are trying again.

They tried to start the program about 3 years ago and accepted a class. Start date got pushed back about 6 months, they could never get provisional status and eventually the website went down for WPB and pretty much told every accepted student tough luck. I know someone who was accepted, waited and waited, and had to apply another cycle and ended up going somewhere out of state. 

• 2 months later...

I have the same question about biology 2!!! I asked them and they emailed me back saying that they will review this case by case. So they asked to send the class syllabus for genetics to see if they can substitute it. This was over a week ago and no response yet!

11 hours ago, PAMePleasee said:

When did you submit your application?

On 5/28/2020 at 2:41 PM, ChefKibbles said:

Congratulations!! Goodluck with the interview!

Are you concerned about the program getting Accredation-Provisional?

Submitted on 5-7-20 and verified on 5-8-20. But I'm not too worried about the accreditation. Being part of a first time program would be exciting.  

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 12:58 PM, Tann94 said:

Does anyone know if Biology 2 is required and if any other courses can supplement? I been trying to reach out to the program for weeks and can't get a answer. 

I call and they said Genetics could be used as a substitution and to send in my genetics syllabus for them to review and confirm. Took a few days but she emailed me back and gave me a definite answer.  

24 minutes ago, RC2017 said:

I call and they said Genetics could be used as a substitution and to send in my genetics syllabus for them to review and confirm. Took a few days but she emailed me back and gave me a definite answer.  

Nice ! Did they take it ? I’ve been waiting for them to answer my request too.. I guess it just takes time 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PA2020MC said:

When did you guys apply? & did you get notified over email or telephone? CONGRATS! Such a great feeling!! 

I think I applied late May or early June. I received a confirmation from them that they got my application on June 4th and the interview invite yesterday. Both by email.

Edited by Tann94

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! So, a group of us just concluded our interview with the program. The program director and faculty are fantastic - you could feel their passion and excitement for getting students going and on campus. It was a great interview experience. We were the second group of interviewees. They told us we should hear back in about 1-2 weeks at most.

I also wanted to address something that I'm sure many are nervous about: accreditation. The program did try to start up a few years ago but it didn't happen. The program director just up and left (this is what I found out from the faculty - so appreciated she was candid about this and told me unprompted). Dr. Gadalla, the new program director, is so clearly very committed, and that will not happen again. Also, their accrediation review occured a few weeks ago and went very well. I would be SHOCKED if they don't receive accreditation. They will find out in October.

Great program - providing us with so many resources and learning opportunities. Great place to accept a seat offer if provided!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, UpAndComingPA said:

Hello everyone! So, a group of us just concluded our interview with the program. The program director and faculty are fantastic - you could feel their passion and excitement for getting students going and on campus. It was a great interview experience. We were the second group of interviewees. They told us we should hear back in about 1-2 weeks at most.

I also wanted to address something that I'm sure many are nervous about: accreditation. The program did try to start up a few years ago but it didn't happen. The program director just up and left (this is what I found out from the faculty - so appreciated she was candid about this and told me unprompted). Dr. Gadalla, the new program director, is so clearly very committed, and that will not happen again. Also, their accrediation review occured a few weeks ago and went very well. I would be SHOCKED if they don't receive accreditation. They will find out in October.

Great program - providing us with so many resources and learning opportunities. Great place to accept a seat offer if provided!

Thank you so much for this! Did you have four interviews? What did you think of it being virtual?