negotiation for new grad

I am in Illinois and I feel that the presented starting salary is VERY low. I might have missed it but what specialty are you going into? I would not accept a starting salary that low in any specialty. Do they count your CME as vacation days because if they do than you are down to basically 1 week vacation. I think that you can negotiate a better overall contract.

Good luck.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in Illinois and I feel that the presented starting salary is VERY low. I might have missed it but what specialty are you going into? I would not accept a starting salary that low in any specialty. Do they count your CME as vacation days because if they do than you are down to basically 1 week vacation. I think that you can negotiate a better overall contract.

Good luck.

Its in pain management.

They would give 2 weeks vaca, 1 week sick leave, and then an additional 5 CME days, so i thought that was pretty fair. Im just really caught up on salary and what isnt a low ball offer, even if they do raise it in 90 days.

Its in pain management.

They would give 2 weeks vaca, 1 week sick leave, and then an additional 5 CME days, so i thought that was pretty fair. Im just really caught up on salary and what isnt a low ball offer, even if they do raise it in 90 days.

Its in pain management.

Archived