Sorry if this has already been answered here. 

I practice in Texas for a private group. The practice owner hired me as an APP and registered with Texas medical board as my supervising physician. Over time he hired additional physicians to the group. They act as my supervising physician from time to time but I do not believe they are registered with Texas medical board as my supervising physicians. Do the newly hired physicians need to register as my supervisors? Would anyone know the rules regarding this or be able to refer me to them. Thanks. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By olivia0701
      Hello Everyone,
      My name is Olivia and I am currently a senior at USF. I am looking for shadowing opportunities to be able to start accruing my 2000 hours that I would need to accomplish by the time I graduate in order to be accepted into a PA program in 2021. If anyone has or know any opportunities that I may be able to apply to..I would greatly appreciate the referral. I can be contacted though this forum.
      Thank you
      Olivia N.

• By katpac
      Hello everyone!  Haven't been on here in a while...  I'm hoping those of you with your DEA license can give me some guidance please, esp. if in primary care, and better yet if you are in Florida. I took the updated course, as my employer has now agreed to reimburse for the license application. There were some points in the course (taken through FMA) that I didn't know if I entirely understand, regarding supervising physician. --> Are we supposed to have a supervising physician name printed on every controlled substance Rx? It sounded like that from the course, but I'm not sure if I misunderstood. I work with an NP who notes that she doesn't have a supervising physician name on any of her benzo Rxs (4), but only on the pain meds (2). However, as we all know, the rules vary from state to state between NPs and PAs... So for, lets say, ativan (sched 4) - 1) Would the printed Rx on control paper have to have both my name and the supervising physicians name? 2) On that same Rx, if it has to have SP name, does it also need to be signed by the SP? .... The whole point of my organization wanting me to get this DEA license is so that the SPs do not have to be bothered and pulled each time I see a patient who needs a renewal on those meds. So I'm just trying to figure out if it is even worth it to get it. While they are now reimbursing, it is first out of my pocket until reimbursed, and that large sum of money on a screen at checkout just makes me a little nervous, lol. Also, I don't want them to pay all of that when the purpose of them paying for it will not be fulfilled.  Thanks in advance. 
    • Guest JohnT
      By Guest JohnT
      what are my chances for getting accepted to PA school after graduation?
    • By TheHopeful
      Hi everyone!

Would those of you who have completed MMI style interviews please share your experience?
      Any advice or preparation recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I have been watching YouTube videos of scenarios and have, of course, printed off a long list of MMI examples and have been practicing with those!

Thank you!!
    • By PAortheHighway
      Hi all-
      I have a question about listing one of my shadowing experiences on CASPA. I shadowed the same PA in two different specialties, and I don't know if I should list that separately or together on the application.

I started shadowing this particular PA when she was working in a small, private orthopedics office, and have since followed her to a new job in otolaryngology/head+neck surgery at a large hospital. I have a significant amount of hours in both locations with this PA. I feel like I should list them separately because the amount of hours, locations, and types of patients we saw were different. However, I don't want to "double-dip" on my application by stating information twice. 

I spoke with CASPA customer service and the rep said it is ultimately up to me as to how I list these hours. Just wondering if anyone has gone through this same situation, or had any insight! (I do have other shadowing as well with other providers, but this one is where I'm struggling!) Thanks for the help!!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More