Military Service - Leadership Exp.

Hello everyone,

I have seen conflicting information on this.  If you were a military officer or NCO (i.e., using their language "Experiences in which you held a leadership role within an organization"), would you enter your military duty in the leadership experience category or non-healthcare employment category?  If its the latter, then what aspect of your military career would go in the leadership experience category?

Thanks,

John

I am prior military, and have had a similar question. Honestly, I still don't know the right answer, but I was thinking you could do both, as long as you don't double dip. Anything that is related to leadership experiences, (NCO, training officer, manager at Cold Stone, BLS instructor) talk about it, then also talk about other aspects of your military career in the non-hc employment category. 

When in doubt, my thoughts are to reach out to some of the programs you're interested in and ask them. 

Best,

Emily