Obtaining employment

I had a job less than 3 months after graduating...18 years ago....because I had to wait for my state license to be issued.  It'll vary from state to state depending upon how long it takes for your license to get issued.   This can be a few weeks to 4+ months.  If you're not too picky you could probably land a job offer quite fast pending licensure and background check.   State PA boards often have job postings.....that's a good place to start looking.  And I've had good luck with headhunters in the past as well.

Good luck.

• Upvote 1

When I was leaving my last practice, I contacted a student of mine who I thought would be a great fit. He had just graduated the week prior, and he hadn't found anything overly appealing yet. It took about 5-6 weeks for PANCE and licensing and another month before he finally started. It took another month or so for credentialing. I think that equates to about 2 months after graduation. I still haven't received a thank you card or beer for being matchmaker, damn it. 

Another student had a couple offers within 3.5 months of graduation and accepted one at 3.5 months out. Another had a job within 3 months of graduation. 

• Like 1