Interest working at CHOP

3 hours ago, UGoLong said:

You mean, “What the blank is CHOP?” Not me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a pretty famous children's hospital here on the East Coast; have to say I didn't give it a second thought when I heard CHOP!  No worse than saying UCLA Medical Center instead of University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Anecdotally, it would probably be a great place to learn as it is a leading academic center. No clue about other aspects of practice, but working there for a year or two would likely be worthwhile, regardless, for the learning experience and name-brand that will be on your updated CV. You'll be a pro at working up the febrile neonate.

20 hours ago, medic25 said:
It's a pretty famous children's hospital here on the East Coast; have to say I didn't give it a second thought when I heard CHOP!  No worse than saying UCLA Medical Center instead of University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center...

Sorry, I live in Ohio and even here we know what UCLA stands for! I have enough problems with other specialty's acronyms to learn abbreviations for hospitals in other cities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by UGoLong
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Reality Check 2 said:

The VA has a webpage devoted to acronyms - there are tooooooo many. They get old and easily confused.

Glad someone knew what it meant. 

Old rumor was that San Francisco was going to name their transit system the Frisco Area Rapid Transit or.... FART. it got BART instead for Bay Area.

I’m here all week. Tip your waiters.....

San Fransisco should have named it POOP.  More appropriate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great challenging learning environment and mega resume booster but you’ll get paid shit because it’s academic and let’s face it most academic places think you should feel oh so honored to work there and therefore accept less pay. If you choose to go, get the experience for a few years and then use as leverage to earn more at your next job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1