Negotiating Raise for Buprenorphine training?

I live in one of the states most greatly affected by the opioid crisis.

I'm a new grad working in a family practice for an fqhc. 2 months into practice.

My employer is a network of about 20 very small family health clinics scattered around 2000 square miles of the state. We see particularly complex patients due to the physical proximity to nearest city being at least a hundred and twenty miles away. No nearby neurology, nephrology, cardiology, rheumatology, allergists... nada!

The particular clinic I work at is a small Clinic that is relatively disorganized, stressful, And, I know, not surprising... But Administration is pushing us to see more patients per hour than I can handle as a new grad.

In fact, when my job started, I realized that the training Process was incredibly insufficient for me to feel comfortable providing care to these medically complex patients. For example, my training consisted of two weeks with 40 minute appointments. No direct supervision with my SP, even during that 2 week training period. After that two weeks it was full throttle with 20 minute appointments.

I had compiled examples of training processes for my peers and put in a request of a 1 month teaching extension so I could become comfortable. I'm talking anxiety attacks, sleepless nights, challenges in my personal relationships due to this incredible amount of stress. The employer said "kindly, no;" they have faith I'll rise to the challenge.

So here to the main point... They have signed me up for a buprenorphine training without discussing it with me at all. I won't be expected to pay for the course, and my days will not come out of my CME. It is part of the grant that they got as an fqhc and they hope to have 95% of their providers with the buprenorphine certification by the end of 2022.

Being able to provide Suboxone for patients in this location will clearly benefit the community.

I had heard somewhere that you may be able to negotiate between 5 and $10,000 salary increase with the Suboxone training.

Even putting my concerns for the practice pushing me too far, too fast aside... it is reasonable to discuss contract negotiations regarding this extra level of training?

It will certainly affect my practice environment, especially as I have not inherited a panel of patients already stabilized on suboxone.

Grateful for your thoughts and comments.