Define: PAs are never allowed to make a final diagnosis

Can anyone explain to me what this "never make a final diagnosis" really means? I do contact work in a psych facilty and the creditialing people are refusing to hire PAs because of this rule even though the PAs have a supervising MD and delegation agreement. If PAs no longer are required to have their charts co-signed, then how is this "final diagnosis" done?

or facility dependent?

I have never heard of this before and have worked in ca/or/wa and always write "the final dx" on my charts. most of my charts are either not reviewed or reviewed a month or so aftetr the fact. I currently work in OR and WA. OR requires 10% chart review. WA does not require it at all by my hospital does within 1 month.

or facility dependent?

I have never heard of this before and have worked in ca/or/wa and always write "the final dx" on my charts. most of my charts are either not reviewed or reviewed a month or so aftetr the fact. I currently work in OR and WA. OR requires 10% chart review. WA does not require it at all by my hospital does within 1 month.

or facility dependent?

Can anyone explain to me what this "never make a final diagnosis" really means? I do contact work in a psych facilty and the creditialing people are refusing to hire PAs because of this rule even though the PAs have a supervising MD and delegation agreement. If PAs no longer are required to have their charts co-signed, then how is this "final diagnosis" done?

never heard of this before in MASS or NY

the only thing I can think of is that a PA can not make decision to admit or D/C a patient from our local acute care hospital - I am unsure rather this is a local, state or national policy - as for DXing... I do it all the time and nothing gets cosigned (except federal workers comp....)

the only thing I can think of is that a PA can not make decision to admit or D/C a patient from our local acute care hospital - I am unsure rather this is a local, state or national policy - as for DXing... I do it all the time and nothing gets cosigned (except federal workers comp....)

Archived