Organic chemistry 1 w/ lab @ Doane Uni (online)

• 1 month later...

I did not take it as I am a chemistry teacher at a community college.  However, I did get a copy of their syllabus (for equivalency purposes) when I was developing my own online organic chemistry 1 and 2 courses.  Would you like me to send it to you?  

I do not recall them mentioning a web cam was needed as they use a internet based simulation program.  For my organic chemistry courses, I do not require students have a web cam or record their experiments.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2020 at 5:55 PM, ChemPhysicsInstructor said:

I did not take it as I am a chemistry teacher at a community college.  However, I did get a copy of their syllabus (for equivalency purposes) when I was developing my own online organic chemistry 1 and 2 courses.  Would you like me to send it to you?  

I do not recall them mentioning a web cam was needed as they use a internet based simulation program.  For my organic chemistry courses, I do not require students have a web cam or record their experiments.  

Hi,

If it's possible, could you please send me the syllabus for Doane's Organic chem? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 9:49 PM, Sarahanas said:

Did anyone take organic chem 1 with lab online in Doane university, and how was it? Does it required an open cam or do all experiments need to be recorded. 

please I need a help with that. 

Thank you 

I took OChem through Doane. The lab is done through Sim program. It’s easy to follow and complete. The program is set up in a easy to get used to routine. The work load is heavy because it is a shortened program of just 8 weeks but it is spaced out so it’s not super overwhelming. My instructor was super available with handouts and answered my questions very quickly. They were very flexible. 

• 6 months later...
On 4/2/2020 at 1:50 AM, Krystalized said:

I took OChem through Doane. The lab is done through Sim program. It’s easy to follow and complete. The program is set up in a easy to get used to routine. The work load is heavy because it is a shortened program of just 8 weeks but it is spaced out so it’s not super overwhelming. My instructor was super available with handouts and answered my questions very quickly. They were very flexible. 

Thank you. Did you find that Doane was doable with a full time job? Are there any tests? How hard was the workload?

5 minutes ago, Codehealth said:

Thank you. Did you find that Doane was doable with a full time job? Are there any tests? How hard was the workload?

Hi! It was definitely doable. I work full time as a charge nurse in a busy trauma ER and am the single mom of three kids and I was able to do it. There are “tests” but with Doane nothing is proctored and everything is open book open note. As far as the workload it is time consuming. I started early in the week and worked ahead as much as possible. You are getting a full 16wk course in 8 weeks so plan for that! I’d be happy to send you a syllabus if you would like. Dm me your email and I’ll make it happen. Good luck. 

• 2 months later...

Has anyone taken Organic Chem I and II at doane. I have seen mixed reviews of the class offered at UNE and was wondering which one is better. I took orgo I this past semester and completely bombed the course and wanted to retake it. Any advice would be appreciated since I am at a stump

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 3:28 PM, Krystalized said:

Hi! It was definitely doable. I work full time as a charge nurse in a busy trauma ER and am the single mom of three kids and I was able to do it. There are “tests” but with Doane nothing is proctored and everything is open book open note. As far as the workload it is time consuming. I started early in the week and worked ahead as much as possible. You are getting a full 16wk course in 8 weeks so plan for that! I’d be happy to send you a syllabus if you would like. Dm me your email and I’ll make it happen. Good luck. 

Hi! I was just wondering how the O Chem courses at Doane work. Are they self paced? Do you need to be signed on to a virtual lecture/lab at a certain time each week? Are the exams open note/open book for all the classes or is that professor specific? Thank you!

Edited by OnMyWayToPA1270

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2020 at 2:50 AM, Krystalized said:

Hi! I’ve been looking up reviews about Doane and was wondering if I could message you for input about the O Chem I course? Thanks!

On 8/8/2021 at 10:33 AM, OnMyWayToPA1270 said:

Hi! I was just wondering how the O Chem courses at Doane work. Are they self paced? Do you need to be signed on to a virtual lecture/lab at a certain time each week? Are the exams open note/open book for all the classes or is that professor specific? Thank you!

So it is basically at your own pace in the sense that you could do the work at anytime day or night. You have to have your work completed by a certain time to be turn in “on time” on a weekly basis but you are not showing up virtually “in class” for certain lectures. The exams are not proctored at all so considered open book but they are timed so you need to study to where you are not trying to look everything up because you would run out of time. With that being said I found the class very doable despite me being a single lol of three active kids and working full time as a charge nurse in the ER. 

• 4 months later...

Do you mind sharing the syllabus? I am currently looking to enroll and I am interested about how it is structured. I currently work for the fire department on a 24 hour shift schedule and I want to find the best program for me. Does Diane offer good lectures or is it mainly self read and taught?

• 9 months later...

Hello I’ve been struggling with my Orgo 1 chem course at MCPHS and was wondering if switching it over to Doane would be better? I’ve seen some good reviews from you all saying it’s doable. If anyone is willing to send me some of the old notes or what helped them for the exam I’d greatly appreciate it! My number is 248/977/8725