The Official CORONAVIRUS oh *&^! thread. Time to start stocking up on food?

I've made the switch to Dos Equis or Tecate.  I've got the ammo so no need there.  Food?  As long as it isn't transferable with pizza, burgers, Mexican food (aside from Coronas, which BTW do lemon/lime slices help?) I'm ok since I hide in the house all the time now anyway.  I can live off PB&J.

I'll wait and see how it compares to swine flu, bird flu, etc.

Edited by GetMeOuttaThisMess
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

One of my old ED’s was the Ebola conundrum location. Don’t know who the initial provider was that discharged but I had worked with the doc that got it the second time around with the more classic presentation. While i joked about it earlier, it does have the potential to be a big deal like the other examples that I had mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Last I saw 440 infectEd and 9 dead for 0.02%, but honestly too small population to calculate. Can someone point me to a legit source for mortality? I’ve seen anything up to 50% mortality claims.

honestly this feels like chikungunya, Zika, and the host of others. Not saying we don’t perform strong preventative measures, and I already stock food, but I’m not worried about this one.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator

I really am more worried about intra-Asian spread, especially in light of the Lunar/Chinese New Year.  What a terrible, terrible occasion on which to need a quarantine. From China, I'm worried it will jump elsewhere rather than straight to the U.S.--if it spreads to South Asia or Africa, for instance, good luck getting it under control.