University of the Cumberlands: Northern Kentucky Campus

University of the Cumberlands Northern Kentucky Campus is running this year. It has provisional accreditation as this is its first year.This program has a separate CASPA application and is a independent program separate from the Cumberland's campus down in Williamsburg. It has its own campus, full-time professors, and different interviewing process.

The website for the program is

https://www.ucumberlands.edu/academics/graduate/programs/master-science-physician-assistant-studies

(it shares the same site as the Williamsburg campus but has separate information and statistics)

If anyone is able to help me get this school added to the accredited programs I would greatly appreciate it. I am a student in their first class and we are trying to get the word out about this awesome new program- I highly recommend

On 1/21/2020 at 6:57 PM, MeganSchwa said:

University of the Cumberlands Northern Kentucky Campus is running this year. It has provisional accreditation as this is its first year.This program has a separate CASPA application and is a independent program separate from the Cumberland's campus down in Williamsburg. It has its own campus, full-time professors, and different interviewing process.

The website for the program is

https://www.ucumberlands.edu/academics/graduate/programs/master-science-physician-assistant-studies

(it shares the same site as the Williamsburg campus but has separate information and statistics)

If anyone is able to help me get this school added to the accredited programs I would greatly appreciate it. I am a student in their first class and we are trying to get the word out about this awesome new program- I highly recommend

Thank you so much for this post and congratulations on being accepted. I am highly interested in this PA program and have applied to the NK campus this cycle. I will try to figure out how you can move this school to the accredited programs list. Can you provide more insight on the NK program specifically? I would love to learn more and am excited to hear about what all this program has to offer! Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, and of course! Cumberland's NKU campus is in Florence, Kentucky. It has its own full time staff and all the classes are done right at the facility in Florence. It is a 27 month long program- 16 months didactic and 11 months clinical rotations. It is a fall start program as well. A few unique features of the program are that it is focused on serving the rural under-served areas of northern Kentucky, and the first semester does have a cadaver lab class (done at Northern Kentucky University's facility). They also have an anatomage which is used periodically in class or can be used by the students to study on. Please let me know if you have more specific questions, or if you are able to help me get this school moved into the accredited school list. Thank you!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 2:12 PM, md2pa19 said:

they should be starting around April/May....if yall have questions feel free to ask!

I am curious to know how interviews will be taking place for UC-NK, as in whether they will be taken over the phone, over video call, or in person. The interview format is one-on-one and group interview, but due to recent events I wonder if it'll still be taking place in person? I hope everyone is staying safe.

On 3/27/2020 at 2:28 PM, am12345 said:

Hi All,

I was offered an interview via zoom this morning. Looks like they are interviewing in the first week in May. 

Has anyone had an interview yet? Any tips of what they are looking for? Thanks so much and best of luck!

I got an interview too! Good luck!!

On 3/27/2020 at 2:28 PM, am12345 said:

Hi All,

I was offered an interview via zoom this morning. Looks like they are interviewing in the first week in May. 

Has anyone had an interview yet? Any tips of what they are looking for? Thanks so much and best of luck!

Hello, 

Interviews begin first week of May. Going online is an all-new for many universities with COVID going on. Do not stress, just be yourself, and be patient with the process. Treat the interview as if it were an in-person interview in regards to preparing for interview questions. The faculty/staff are very approachable.  I know that does not give you much information but hopefully it helps the anxiety. 

On 3/22/2020 at 10:47 PM, Vyoma96 said:

I am curious to know how interviews will be taking place for UC-NK, as in whether they will be taken over the phone, over video call, or in person. The interview format is one-on-one and group interview, but due to recent events I wonder if it'll still be taking place in person? I hope everyone is staying safe.

As of right now, it will be done via zoom video. As far as one-one or group that is unknown, it can be either or combo. 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 2:32 PM, md2pa19 said:

Hello, 

Interviews begin first week of May. Going online is an all-new for many universities with COVID going on. Do not stress, just be yourself, and be patient with the process. Treat the interview as if it were an in-person interview in regards to preparing for interview questions. The faculty/staff are very approachable.  I know that does not give you much information but hopefully it helps the anxiety. 

I believe we have a meeting scheduled for May 1st where they will go over the interview process through Zoom. 

I use Zoom for work to host meetings/ webinars and it’s really easy to use. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2020 at 2:54 PM, am12345 said:

Hi All,

Has anyone received any information on the zoom interview format? Have any tips? Or has had the interview already? Thanks so much! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hello,

I haven't received anything either. My email stated that we are to get some info by May 1st. I'm sure we'll hear something by then. I don't think anyone has been interviewed yet because interviews will be held on May 7th-9th.

I've been watching Mock interviews on youtube and I've completed a worksheet. The worksheet is great as it has helped me really process my thoughts. I got it off the PA platform website. I would also get familiar with using zoom since that's the platform they'll be interviewing us with. Hope this helps 🙂

Edited by Tev2009
grammer
  • Like 1