Addiction Medicine vs. Internal Medicine MA

Hello, I'm currently in a dilemma- I am a 26 y/o currently waiting to hear back from PA schools as a second round applicant but was let off from my previous job as a MA in an internal medicine practice where I had been working for about 5 months. Prior to that, I had a year gap working as a test prep instructor for SATs (money was issue at the time, wanted to explore teaching for a bit and take a break from medical field, and also take some post bacc classes to boost my science GPA). Before that, I worked as a MA at a urology practice for about 1.5 years where I got really good hands on experience.

Currently I have a job offer as a full time MA at an addiction medicine practice where they have multiple teams (medical, behavioral, and counseling teams) geared towards recovery for substance abuse patients. However, I'm worried that because I jumped around a lot from jobs, this new experience would be looked down upon. Do you guys recommend that I look a position in internal medicine instead? Or I take this job and try to gear myself as a well rounded applicant? I heard that experience in internal medicine is a great base for experience and prep for PAs so i'm having doubts.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks. 

On 1/18/2020 at 8:12 PM, MT2PA said:

Finding another internal med position doesn't change the fact that you jumped around/had multiple jobs over the last few years.

Doesn't really matter what field your next position is in.

Do you have any recommendations on how i can improve my application or gaining other experience? I will be working full time as a MA in an addictions medicine practice and im not sure it will be enough. im also waiting to hear back from schools and worried how i can explain this to my interviewers if i even get one. Any advice? Thanks