Full Time EM job in Silver City, New Mexico

My company is looking for an experienced EM PA for a full time job in Silver City, NM.  Here's the info from the posting:

Seeking FT Physician Assistant with Emergency Medicine Experience

Innova Emergency Medical Associates specializes in providing high quality emergency care in rural settings. Working with Innova will allow to work where your services are highly needed and appreciated, coupled with the ability to live wherever you’d like. We fully employ all providers and offer an incredible benefits package.

We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking for outstanding Allied Health Professionals to be part of our team.  We have facilities in Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Michigan with a current staffing need for Silver City, NM.  Could easily commute from Deming, Tucson, Phoenix, El Paso, Albuquerque and more.

About the opportunity

·         A 68 bed, acute care hospital located in Silver City, NM.

·         ED census is ~17,000 patients per year.

·         $85/hr

·         Medical, vision, dental fully covered for provider and their family at no additional cost for full-timers.

·         401k contributions.

·         Long term disability and life insurance covered for employee.

·         Medical malpractice and tail

Direct Contact Information
You can apply online (www.innovaem.com/join-our-team/apply/) or forward your CV to jobs@innovaem.com. 

I know the medical director - a very good guy.  There are 2 PA shifts: 11:00-23:00 and 19:00-07:00.  There is 12 hours of doc coverage/day, not sure exactly the schedule.  The overnight PA is the only provider in the facility, but the doc is on call and has to be called for a few things like codes and thrombolytics.  Experienced PA's get a lot of independence.  For example, I probably only call the doc about 1/week at my site.  Another thing, 10 12 hour shifts/month are considered full time.

I don't know if they only are looking for someone local - they do pay travel and lodging expenses for PA's to travel to/from some sites.

I really like this company - best I've ever worked for.  Please PM if you'd like any more information.  If you do apply, please mention my name.

Yes, that's what I understand the commute to be.  I talked to the medical director, the acuity is high - lots of challenge.  The commute for my FT job with Innova is so much easier - 4 hour drive each way - not bad when you consider I do 4-5 days in a row and my car typically doesn't move during the run.  Not having to fly is why I didn't switch to this site.  We pay for our food, but lodging is provided for free.

Full bennies that are FREE.  There are several options.  I chose a high deductible plan, $6K for my family, but then I put money into a HSA.  Only downside is that there's no CME allowance, but they did pay all of my licensing, DEA, and credentialing fees for a new state & site.  Small company, < 150 employees, all executive mgt is on 1st name basis with all employees.  Great people.

Edited by ohiovolffemtp
  • Like 1