Democratic debate (this is not political)

Just venting, this is not meant to be a political post. But did anybody else see Senator Warren give a big shout out to Nurse Practitioners last night? It was glorious. 

Quote: “...we can get help to families, but we have to be willing to work together. We can lent people with experience what healthcare is like. When it’s you, your doctor, your mental health professional, your nurse practitioner with no insurance company....” 

I think she covered all the bases there. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ANESMCR said:

Just venting, this is not meant to be a political post. But did anybody else see Senator Warren give a big shout out to Nurse Practitioners last night? It was glorious. 

Quote: “...we can get help to families, but we have to be willing to work together. We can lent people with experience what healthcare is like. When it’s you, your doctor, your mental health professional, your nurse practitioner with no insurance company....” 

Another example of our profession's self inflicted wounds due to the absence of serious public advocacy by the AAPA and state academies over many many years!  I've never seen an aggressive public information or visibility campaign conducted by these entities ,"We" seem to always playing second fiddle in this band!!!!

Edited by CAdamsPAC
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ANESMCR said:

Yep.  Was watching with the wife, heard it and I yelled out, "AND PA'S!"

No one is going to give a shout out to "Assistants" on a national stage.  Still....it was very very sad.

And yet.....here we are debating going from Assistants to Associates......LOL What a joke.

• Upvote 1

Haha,yep, she couldn’t cut it as an SLP!!!  To many syllables in praxicician!! Not to be political, but she would kill for nomination and says what is best for her politically to cover majority of bases! For those, who for some crazy reason, continue to think PA is the best acronym, seriously, after 50 years the majority of folks still have no clue what it means, even those that should! You, PA is not on anyone’s radar. CHANGE the DAMN name! NO physician and NO ASS anything!!!