MASSACHUSETTS: Assumption College

Anyone else interested in applying to the Assumption College PA Program next cycle (20-21)? I attended a virtual info session last month and the program seems very prepared for an incoming class and is confident about gaining accreditation since the founding program director has already successfully started another PA program. 

The one caveat is that the program will start to admit students before the meeting about accreditation in September 2020 and thus if not accredited then they will not be able to matriculate students. 

I personally really like that they are focused on service and aim to have women's health and psychiatry rotations as well as 2 electives, and the prerequisites seem to be fair in comparison to other programs in MA. 

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Guest aPpA5

HI! I sent in my application to Assumption last week! I went to the info session at the school a while ago and really liked the program. The director for Assumptions PA program used to work for MCPHS's PA program so the standards are high. My experience from the info session is that they know the type of applicant they want and are very on top of everything for the program which is good! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also applied to this program and received access to the portal a couple of weeks ago. I contacted Meghan and asked about interview invites last week and she told me that they would start reviewing applications this week (week of 15th) and planned to begin interviews in July! That means those who applied early should start hearing back regarding interviews in the next few weeks! Best of luck to everyone!

• Like 3

Hey everyone!

So I kind of messed up right now. I emailed the program asking if they are accepting online prereqs and while submitting to another program paid for and submitted my app. Now stressing about whether they will consider my application with online coursework. Does anyone know about this??

Thanks!

7 hours ago, royo95 said:

Hey everyone!

So I kind of messed up right now. I emailed the program asking if they are accepting online prereqs and while submitting to another program paid for and submitted my app. Now stressing about whether they will consider my application with online coursework. Does anyone know about this??

Thanks!

Hi,

Based on their FAQs info this is what they have:

"You may take them at any accredited US or Canadian college or university. Online courses will most often meet the prerequisites, except for those requiring labs. If there are questions, it is always best to check with the program."

Guest aPpA5
5 hours ago, collyg said:

Does everyone who applies to the PA program get portal access or only those who will be interviewed?

Everyone should receive access I would think!

On 6/22/2020 at 6:45 PM, royo95 said:

Hey everyone!

Thanks!

Did you ever hear back? What does it mean by “classes that require labs” as they don’t specify whether or not you need to take with a lab. 

On 6/26/2020 at 6:24 AM, mandyq said:

Did you ever hear back? What does it mean by “classes that require labs” as they don’t specify whether or not you need to take with a lab. 

I got an email back from Meghan Sweeney saying they accept online credits as long as they're from an accredited institution!