PCE struggle

Hello!

I am trying to figure out the most efficient way to get direct patient care hours. I really would like to work as a MA (CNA and EMT are definitely not for me), however I am already in school and can't take an in person certification class since those can take up to 12 months or more. I have been trying to research online schools that have four to six month MA programs and have good reviews. I have heard some offices/clinics will do on the job training and don't require a certification. How common is finding such a place? Does anyone have any recommendations for online schools with a good medical assistant program that is fast paced and I can do while still going to college full time? Any advice would be helpful please. 

22 hours ago, HallsCaroline said:

MA is just preferred. I would do CNA if you’re saying I can’t become a MA. It just seems MA’s learn more and work with a variety of people. I said that so I would get advice/learn from other’s experiences in becoming a MA.

If time is an issue for certification then I would suggest CNA. Also, it really depends on where you work. I would not go back and trade my CNA/EMT experience for anything else. Learning more in whichever job is highly anecdotal. It’s more about building your bedside manner, caring for and becoming comfortable with patients, and learning hospital staff dynamics. Do what gives you the most PCE in the most appropriate time frame.