Sign in to follow this  
rachnk

Accepted an interview invitation and then the school rescheduled?

Hi all!

I just received an email that I was being extended an interview that was about 3 weeks out from the current date.

I responded around 4 hours after I received the email to accept the interview, but I received an email a couple hours later that they were going to have to reschedule and that “they would email me when another date opens up”. 
Has this happened to anyone else??

Should I be worried? Or do they send out more interview invites than spots that they have open for the day because they know that some people may decline? 

Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By philosophymedic
      Hi all,
      Summary:
      Has anyone had success reapplying to schools after a mediocre interview? Does the interview rejection hurt my reapplication more than if they'd never interviewed me?
      Details:
      I was granted an interview at a couple programs this cycle and got waitlisted at one, rejected from the other. I love the program I was rejected from and - pending a miracle on that waitlist - I was thinking of reapplying next cycle.
      I wouldn't say I botched the interview; it just wasn't great overall, and I definitely would take a mulligan on one of the questions. But with my lower academic measurables I think I needed to do exceptionally well to get over the top. 
      I'm taking more classes, shadowing more, writing a new personal essay, etc. And working on my interview skills. I do plan on asking the program for specific feedback but haven't done so yet (I just have their generic, "congrats on getting an interview, but try again" rejection email for the moment).
      I'd be extremely grateful to any admissions professionals or faculty willing to weigh in (if any see this).
      Thanks in advance!

• By chandlerjonesuga
      Hey, I'm just rolling through to see if I can help expand your studying database.  Check out this post of various resources you can utilize to help you ACE the EOR exams, and eventually the PANCE!!!  I hope this helps... The final link is to my personal study guides, yes I know I do the most!
      https://randomjournalposts.blogspot.com/2020/02/how-to-study-in-pa-school.html
    • By chandlerjonesuga
      Hey, I'm just rolling through to see if I can help expand your studying database.  Check out this post of various resources you can utilize to help you ACE the EOR exams, and eventually the PANCE!!!  I hope this helps... The final link is to my personal study guides, yes I know I do the most!
      https://randomjournalposts.blogspot.com/2020/02/how-to-study-in-pa-school.html
    • By dazedandconfuzed
      Hello!
      I hope everyone is doing well and hearing some good news! I have a bit of a pickle and need genuine, kind, and thoughtful input as to how to choose a program. I have been accepted into two programs, but need to make a decision soon. I have talked to several PAs, family members, and mentors all of whom are insightful, but I still can't choose. I several pros and cons for both schools, but some similarities include that they're both 27 month programs, located out of state from where I currently live, theoretically the same tuition, and I genuinely liked the faculty I met at both places (people keep telling me to go with which one I felt better at but I truly don't know).
      Program A:  ~30 students, 94-100% PANCE pass rate (throughout the last 3 recorded years); is a top 110 PA school per U.S. News, is not a part of a medical school curriculum, however has been graduating PAs for the last ~20 years. I would be an hour flight away from my parents, but have friends a two hour drive away from campus. Travel expenses would be less for this school as rotations are within the metropolitan/surrounding rural areas. Slight con: I've already had to put down the deposit. 
      Program B: ~20 students, 97-98% PANCE pass rate (throughout the last 2 years - there are different campus locations), is a top 15 PA school per U.S. News, is associated with a medical school, however the location I have been offered acceptance to is separate from the main campus. This location is brand new and barely built up, however a lot can change in the next few months and I always wanted to go to this university and be a part of this program. I would be further from my parents, but also have extended family and friends an hour flight away. Travel expenses would likely be greater for this school as there is only one community hospital nearby, however may present more career related opportunities in the future due to large university network.
      Any insight as to how to go about choosing a school or any sincere and helpful comments are much appreciated. I am grateful to even be accepted to one program to begin with, but I feel a huge weight having to make this decision. Thank you all and enjoy your evening!
    • By Happyespy567
      HI! I am a current student looking to gain clinical experience as a medical scribe but am not sure where to start! I have tried to do my own research but every site I find seems to offer jobs once I am certified ( which I am not) . I want to make sure I take the correct steps and having someone I could come to with questions would be extremely helpful! thanks in advance ! 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More