Doubts on choosing PA in case you move somewhere with no PA profession?

Hi everyone, 

Have you ever have doubts choosing the PA path, with the "what if I move to a country that doesn't recognize this profession"? In my case, I've been in the US for 13 years, married, with kids and my home country has never heard of PAs. I don't really have intentions of moving back, but there's always the what if? Not strong enough to change my mind, but kind of lurking there. Anyone with similar thoughts?

Yes, I've often wanted to move to Germany. I studied abroad there and it felt more like home than anywhere I've ever lived. While the PA profession is present there, it is not prominent yet, so I feel I am stuck in the US for now. The UK has physician associates, but the pay is much lower than in the US. With loans in repayment, taking one-half to two-thirds of a salary cut is not optional.

Sigh.

Hopefully we will one day have more of an international presence.