jane22

CASPA fail?

Hi, I am planning to apply to PA schools this coming spring for next fall. I had read a blog that told me I should create my CASPA early to get the information in and out of the way so it can roll over when I apply however I am now wondering if my CASPA application will read as if I am even though I have never applied? If this is the case, is there a way to rectify this?

Creating an account early will do nothing to boost your chances. 

Each application year you have to resubmit your caspa for verification and re-upload your LORs. 

The only thing it does for you is roll over your grades... But that's it and it doesn't give you an edge over other applicants. 

20 hours ago, jane22 said:

Hi, I am planning to apply to PA schools this coming spring for next fall. I had read a blog that told me I should create my CASPA early to get the information in and out of the way so it can roll over when I apply however I am now wondering if my CASPA application will read as if I am even though I have never applied? If this is the case, is there a way to rectify this?

This will be my first time applying, but this is the advice I was told a while ago.

It won't give you an edge, but it will help you be familiar with the site and everything you have to fill out on the application. Not everything will roll over into the new application cycle, but you can have everything saved and "filled out" in a word document or excel sheet, such as the descriptions of your experiences and awards etc. This way you can edit whenever you need to and have it ready to go when the new cycle opens so all you have to do is copy, paste, and input the rest of the info that takes less time. This is especially beneficial especially if any of the programs you are applying to have rolling admissions. The earlier you submit your application the better, but you also want to make sure its filled out thoughtfully and thoroughly. 

You are considered a "re-applicant" by the system though, even if you never apply in the cycle you start the account. Just FYI.

Edited by Allegro

19 hours ago, Allegro said:

You are considered a "re-applicant" by the system though, even if you never apply in the cycle you start the account. Just FYI.

This never made sense to me haha, and are you sure about that? Even if you are correct, I don't think being a "re-applicant" in CASPA's eyes is a negative thing. 

Edited by emilymuff

On 1/17/2020 at 12:23 PM, emilymuff said:

This never made sense to me haha, and are you sure about that? Even if you are correct, I don't think being a "re-applicant" in CASPA's eyes is a negative thing. 

I'm sure; its because the act of copying your info over into the new cycle flags it as "re-applicant," the system does not distinguish between people who actually went through the submission process and those that just inputted info and never applied. CASPA doesn't care one way or the other, however how things are received/processed/understood changes with this status so its just good to be aware of when you talk to customer service.

Edited by Allegro